- by Julia Malunga on 20 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 19 Aug 2019
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 17 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 16 Aug 2019
- by Julia Malunga on 19 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Aug 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Lusaka man suffocates to death after taking ChibukuBy Diggers Reporter on 27 Nov 2017
A 55-year-old unidentified Lusaka man has died from suspected suffocation whilst his friend is admitted at the University Teaching Hospital after taking Chibuku.
According to a statement from police spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo, the deceased and his friend were contracted to build a structure on a Chawama resident’s farm but they died between November 25, 2017 at 19:00 hours and November 26 at 07:30 hours.
She stated that police found a brazier with two half filled bottles of Chibuku at the scene.
“A 55 year-old-male adult whose particulars are not yet established was discovered dead while the other person only identified as Sakala was found in an unconscious state due to suspected suffocation. The victims both of Chawama compound were contracted by a named Chawama resident aged 45 years to build a structure on his farm. This incident happened between 25th November, 2017 at about 19:00 hours and 26th November, 2017 at 07:30 hours.
The survivor was rushed to ZAF Hospital and later referred to UTH where he is currently admitted. The relatives to both victims have not yet been located,” Katongo stated.
“When the scene of crime was visited, a brazier with two bottles half filled with Chibuku Beer suspected to have been consumed by the victims was found in the room. The beer has been submitted to Food and Drug laboratory for analysis. The body of the deceased is lying in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem.”
Meanwhile, Katongo stated that one person died on the spot in an accident which occurred around 22:30 hours along Kafue road opposite Baobab College yesterday.
“Involved was a motor vehicle BMW with unknown registration number driven by unknown driver of Indian nationality driving from south to north who died on the spot and also an unknown female passenger who sustained serious injuries and is admitted to UTH. The accident happened due to excessive speed which led the driver to lose control of the motor vehicle and went off the road and hit into a ZESCO pole and later went into flames,” stated Katongo.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Mwitwa gives Tutwa 24 hours to apologize - 17 Aug 2019
- UPND urges Nshindano to “clean up mess at ECZ” - 15 Aug 2019
- By-elections unnecessary drain on Treasury – Mutati - 13 Aug 2019
- 1,500 people in Mpulungu to receive free meat packages as Muslims celebrate Eid - 12 Aug 2019
- UPND vows to block Constitution Amendment Bill - 6 Aug 2019
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,155 views)
- Lungu is in gear 5 of 2021 campaigns (1,855 view)
- Mercury Security Services sues Lusaka lawyer over K2m fees (944 views)
- UPND reports GBM to police for 'tribal hatred' (899 views)
- Only a miracle can stop kwacha’s depreciation – Hamaundu (881 views)
- Lungu must urgently declare hunger crisis, insists HH
- We’re a hungry nation because we insist that maize is our staple food
- The corrupt are evil, we must not glorify those who steal from us – Musa
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up – Nkombo
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Don’t tell us what to do, if you see hunger, just donate, Lungu responds to British Envoy
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend