- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
PF cadres intercept illegal Mukula allegedly linked to State HouseBy Mukosha Funga on 30 Dec 2017
Patriotic Front youths yesterday impounded nine trucks loaded with Mukula logs which they say were being illegally exported.
The PF youths also alleged that a named State House official, who was driving a Land Cruiser Reg No ALG 3464, was escorting the trucks to ensure smooth passage at check points.
The cadres, who filmed themselves after impounding the trucks, complained that senior members of the party were benefiting from the illegal export of Mukula whilst disadvantaging others.
“Right now, no one is trading in Mukula [but] right behind me with Elijah and Mumba, there are nine 40 foot trucks loaded with Mukula which was prohibited. So tell us, is it only ZAFICO which has a license to trade in Mukula? We need to know because us as PF youths countrywide, we are youths of action. They told us that there is no trading of Mukula so there are illegal traders,” a woman said in one of the videos.
“As PF youths who mean well for the President of Zambia, we want to protect President Edgar Chagwa Lungu, anyone who is transporting is illegally doing so these trucks are not going anywhere. As PF youths, we will not sit down and allow people looting money outside the country when we can actually do this within ourselves within our country. So we won’t let go of these trucks. We will die from right here. They impounded two trucks of Mukula from me but others are exporting.”
And Special Assistant to the President for Press and Public Relations Amos Chanda has disclosed that President Lungu is aware of the trucks which were seized and investigations into the matter had been instituted.
“His Excellency Mr Edgar Chagwa Lungu, President of the Republic of Zambia has been informed of the incident which occured last night where some individuals stopped trucks carrying Mukula logs on Kafue Road. Investigations into the matter were immediately instituted by the Joint Operations Committee (JOC) involving various security wings tasked to control the illegal trafficking of Mukula logs. The Committee has since completed their investigations and will soon be issuing a comprehensive statement on the matter,” stated Chanda.
The trucks are currently parked at Chilanga Police station and the cadres have vowed that they will not be released until they get answers.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India - 21 Aug 2019
- Lungu won’t meet Vedanta boss, clarifies Chipampe - 20 Aug 2019
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa - 19 Aug 2019
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president - 14 Aug 2019
- Lungu meets Vedanta boss, insists liquidation will proceed - 14 Aug 2019
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (2,637 views)
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,474 views)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (2,050 views)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (1,413 view)
- Ingredients are right for UPND to form govt - HH (1,083 view)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend