by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
ECZ evaluates performance of voter education in schoolsBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 28 Feb 2018
The Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ) is holding a two-day review workshop to evaluate the performance of the voter education programme in schools which has been set up to disseminate information and to encourage voting among young people.
And ECZ Commissioner Emily Joy Sikazwe says the clubs were an important avenue of reaching out to the wider communities in sharing information about the electoral processes.
Meanwhile, Director Open and Distance Education Beatrice Moya who was speaking on behalf of the Ministry of General Education, called on ECZ and other stakeholders to explore areas of collaboration with her ministry in order to enhance information around voter and civic participation.
This is according to a statement issued by ECZ public relations manager Margaret Chimanse released Tuesday.
“ECZ is holding a review workshop from the 27th to 28th February, 2018 to evaluate the performance of Voter Education School Clubs (VESCs) that have been set up in all provinces of the country in order to disseminate voter education information and to encourage voting among young people. The commission provides voter education and information to members of the public and the electorate to promote effective and greater citizen’s participation,” sated Chimanse.
“The Voter Education School club initiative is aimed at instilling a culture of integrity, patriotism and civil participation among Zambian learners. This is done through disseminating voter education messages in schools involving learners in the fight against electoral malpractice, encouraging eligible learners to participate in the electoral process and creating a pool of volunteer voter educators among young people,” she stated.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them - 13 Sep 2019
- Judge Nkonde asks ConCourt to dismiss M’membe’s application for review of costs - 13 Sep 2019
- If Nevers is allowed to lead the party, there’ll be no MMD, witness tells court - 13 Sep 2019
- Man in court for defiling wife’s sisters, infecting them with HIV - 13 Sep 2019
- Man whose dogs killed boy committed to High Court for trial - 13 Sep 2019
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it - Lungu (2,593 views)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (2,555 views)
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them (1,431 view)
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi (1,256 view)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,162 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend