by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Mwinilunga man murders lovers’ father for denying him her hand in marriageBy Mukosha Funga on 2 Apr 2018
A 31-year-old Mwinilunga man has murdered a 75-year-old man of the same area with a bicycle handle for denying him his daughter’s hand in marriage.
According to a statement issued by police spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo, Sunday, the murder occurred between 19:00 hours and 21:00 hours on Saturday.
“We recieved a report of murder which occurred on 31st March, 2018 between 19:00 hours and 21:00 hours at Munduki Village in Katambi area Chief Sailunga of Mwinilunga District. The matter was reported on 1st March, 2018 at 15:00 hours at Mwinilunga Police by Fred Kapila aged 23 years of the same abode who reported that his father Kapila Kachiza aged 75 years of village Munduki, in Katambi area in Chief Sailunga of Mwinilunga District, was allegedly murdered by Teddy Kapepa aged 31 years also of village Matavu, Katambi area,” Katongo stated.
“The deceased sustained two deep cuts on the forehead and a cut on the skull. A bicycle handle is alleged to have been used in the act. According to the reporter, the reason of the killing was that the deceased was refusing to offer his daughter in marriage to the suspect.”
Katongo stated that the suspect was in police custody whilst the body was in the morgue awaiting postmortem.
“Police visited the scene and the body was picked from the scene and deposited at Mwinilunga District Hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem. The suspect was arrested and is detained in Police custody,” stated Katongo.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom - 15 Oct 2019
- TIZ raises red flag against Govt, AVIC on Kafulafuta, Sata Toll Plazas - 8 Oct 2019
- Govt single-sourced AVIC…to construct the $4.3m Toll Plaza which broke down months later - 7 Oct 2019
- Kaoma police nab UPND cadre in shooting incident - 6 Oct 2019
- DEC withdraws summon on Findlay - 3 Oct 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (3,298 views)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,426 view)
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba's legitimacy in court (1,300 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,126 view)
- UTH hikes user fees (1,039 view)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend