by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Thousands celebrate Kuomboka, with minor incidences of confusionBy Tenson Mkhala on 29 Apr 2018
United Party for National Development (UPND) leader Hakainde Hichilema was on Saturday among thousands of people that attended the colourful 2018 Kuomboka traditional ceremony of the Lozi people.
But despite President Edgar Lungu staying away, the event was not without confusion as some suspected PF cadres stormed the VIP area, pushing people in the process, and forcing the opposition leader and his entourage from their seats.
The Litunga’s six hour journey across the magnificent Zambezi plains started early morning from Lealui on the royal badge, otherwise known as the Nalikwanda, to Limulunga where scores of spectators welcomed him.
Key among those who awaited the Litunga were Minister of Chiefs and Traditional Affairs Lawrence Sichalwe, Southern Province PS Mwangala Liyomba, Western Province PS Sibanze Simuchoba, North Western Province Minister Richard Kapita and guest of honour, the Paramount Chief Gawa Undi of the Chewa people of Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique.
Lubosi Imwiko the second, and Undi then proceeded to their designated royal seats in the VVIP tents, in time for the second part of the ceremony’s celebrations
But just as the climax of the event was taking effect, some suspected PF cadres caused confusion when they started pushing peoole around the VIP area where HH was seated, almost causing a stampede.
The disgruntled youths started pouring water on some spactators while others were seen removing chairs from the area.
This forced HH and members of his entourage to stand for about 15 minutes before he was ushered into the VVIP area by some Indunas.
Calm was then retained, allowing the event to proceed peacefully, and after an hour of dances, the two chiefs left for the palace.
Meanwhile, as HH was leaving the main arena, scores of his supporters surrounded his motorcade causing traffic as they chanted UPND songs while flashing the change symbols.
About Tenson Mkhala
Tenson Mkhala is our resident photo journalist.
Email: tenson [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency – KBF - 20 Sep 2019
- Lungu must check his aides, they’ll injure him – KBF - 17 Sep 2019
- CSPR proposes performance clearance certificates for PSs before transfer - 13 Sep 2019
- Firing people just because they served previous govt is wrong – RB - 20 Jul 2019
- Mwitwa talking nonsense, Zambia needs about 500 constituencies – PF - 12 Jul 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (12,890 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (2,068 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (2,062 views)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,504 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (1,038 view)
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend