by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 20 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Amos apologises over brawl with KambwiliBy Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2018
Special Assistant to the President for Press and Public Relations Amos Chanda says he regrets the manner in which he responded to unwarranted attacks from NDC leader Chishimba Kambwili.
In a statement issued in his personal capacity, Thursday, Chanda insulting Kambwili was a lapse in judgement.
“In an unguarded moment, I responded harshly to incessant unprovoked and malicious personal attacks from Mr. Chishimba Kambwili who repeatedly abused me publicly, but has also been invading my private space as he did in a recent phone call he made to me using a third party phone line,” Chanda stated.
“Upon reflection, I regret that I should not have responded in the manner I did, despite the deep personal injury that his unwarranted attacks have caused both in my private and public capacities. My harsh response was definitely a moment of lapse in judgement in the face of relentless malice from a person with whom I have no personal offense whatsoever.”
He stated that he would no longer respond to the rebel Roan PF member of parliament but wait for the legal process to run its full course.
“Given that six months ago, Mr. Kambwili took me to court, and I counter-demanded against him in the same case over many of the false allegations he has made. I will no longer respond any of his provocations whatsoever. Instead, I will let the legal process to run its full course,” stated Chanda.
In the past one week, Chanda and Kambwili have been involved in a brawl.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster - 19 Sep 2019
- Lungu fires 3 permanent secretaries, makes reshuffles - 3 Sep 2019
- ZRA resolves $7.6 billion tax “evasion” by Kalumbila, waives some penalties - 26 Aug 2019
- Kabwe children contaminated with toxic Lead, reveals Human Rights Watch - 26 Aug 2019
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk - 25 Aug 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (11,271 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,877 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,385 view)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,006 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (905 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive – PF
- Continued abuse of Zesco will sustain Zambia’s power deficit – PAC
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend