by Diggers Reporter on 17 Nov 2019by Diggers Reporter on 17 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga on 16 Nov 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Nov 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala and Stuart Lisulo on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Nov 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 17 Nov 2019by Elias Banda on 15 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 14 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 17 Nov 2019by CUTS on 7 Nov 2019by CUTS on 7 Nov 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Oct 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
Amos apologises over brawl with KambwiliBy Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2018
Special Assistant to the President for Press and Public Relations Amos Chanda says he regrets the manner in which he responded to unwarranted attacks from NDC leader Chishimba Kambwili.
In a statement issued in his personal capacity, Thursday, Chanda insulting Kambwili was a lapse in judgement.
“In an unguarded moment, I responded harshly to incessant unprovoked and malicious personal attacks from Mr. Chishimba Kambwili who repeatedly abused me publicly, but has also been invading my private space as he did in a recent phone call he made to me using a third party phone line,” Chanda stated.
“Upon reflection, I regret that I should not have responded in the manner I did, despite the deep personal injury that his unwarranted attacks have caused both in my private and public capacities. My harsh response was definitely a moment of lapse in judgement in the face of relentless malice from a person with whom I have no personal offense whatsoever.”
He stated that he would no longer respond to the rebel Roan PF member of parliament but wait for the legal process to run its full course.
“Given that six months ago, Mr. Kambwili took me to court, and I counter-demanded against him in the same case over many of the false allegations he has made. I will no longer respond any of his provocations whatsoever. Instead, I will let the legal process to run its full course,” stated Chanda.
In the past one week, Chanda and Kambwili have been involved in a brawl.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- KCM workers, exam pupils hospitalised in Chingola after inhaling toxic gas from Nchanga Mine - 15 Nov 2019
- How Mushimba influenced UNZA to pass his wife who failed 2 medical courses - 15 Nov 2019
- Lubinda’s ignorance is embarrassing, a little learning is dangerous – Prof Ndulo - 7 Nov 2019
- Russia cancels contract for supply of presidential jet to Zambia - 29 Oct 2019
- EL was nice to me, I used opportunity to lobby for students meal allowances – CK - 25 Oct 2019
- National Assembly apologizes to Gary for imposing longer suspension period (7,652 views)
- How Mushimba influenced UNZA to pass his wife who failed 2 medical courses (5,033 views)
- Sorry Amos, defending a President is a thankless job (4,420 views)
- Siwale displayed my NRC, alleged it belonged to Lungu, ZAF Lieutenant tells court (2,519 views)
- Cop threatens to shoot journalist during Kambwili interrogation (2,225 views)
- I don’t understand how we lost – Mwepu
- Lightning strike kills 4 Kawambwa family members
- Police nab HIV positive maid for breast feeding employer’s baby
- Chaos and Chaos:’ The Trouble with Climate Change and Environmental Protection in Zambia
- Cop threatens to shoot journalist during Kambwili interrogation
- National Assembly apologizes to Gary for imposing longer suspension period
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both
- I'm at the bottom but God has a plan, says Mutati as Nevers meets Lungu
- How Mushimba influenced UNZA to pass his wife who failed 2 medical courses
- Lungu will be easy to beat in 2021 - UPND
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend