by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by By Tim Zulu and Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 4 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Wina orders MoH to evacuate Lupando Mwape, as Chitalu demotes MujajatiBy Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jan 2019
Acting President Inonge Wina has ordered the Ministry of Health to evacuate former vice-president Lupando Mwape to South Africa for specialist treatment.
And acting through the Civil Service Commission, Minister of Health Dr Chitalu Chilufya has recalled HPCZ Registrar Dr Aaron Mujajati and redeployed him to Ndola Central Hospital.
Meanwhile, Dr Chilufya has dropped Professor Sekelani Banda from the position of Board Chairperson of the Health Professionals Council and replaced him with Ministry Permanent Secretary in charge of Administration, Dr Kennedy Malama.
In a statement, Ministry of Health Head of Media Relations Stanslous Ngosa, disclosed that, Mwape, who had been admitted to the University Teaching Hospital for the last nine days would be flown to South Africa on Thursday, January 17, 2019.
“Mr Mwape, who has been in admission in the University Teaching Hospital for the last nine days, will be flown to South Africa tomorrow morning. Speaking from his hospital bed, Mr. Lupando thanked His Excellency Mr. Edgar Lungu, President of the Republic of Zambia and Mrs. Wina for the love and care showed to him,” Ngosa stated.
And Ngosa disclosed that Dr Banda would still continue to serve as Director Training in the Ministry of Health and would focus on operationalising the Levy Mwanawasa Medical University.
“Minister of Health Dr. Chitalu Chilufya has invoked provisions of the Health Professionals Council Act, removing Professor Sekelani Banda, from the position of Board Chairperson of the Health Professionals Council (HPCZ), and replacing him with Ministry of Health Permanent Secretary in charge of Administration Dr. Kennedy Malama. Further, the Ministry of Health, acting through the Civil Service Commission, has recalled from secondment, HPCZ Registrar, Dr. Aaron Mujajati, and redeployed him to Ndola Central Hospital,” stated Ngosa.
“Professor Banda will continue to serve as Director Training in the Ministry of Health and will focus on the onerous task of operationalising the Levy Mwanawasa Medical University, in his capacity as Deputy Vice Chancellor designate for the University. Dr. Chilufya has profusely thanked Prof Banda for his role in transforming HPCZ.”
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Debt repayments mustn’t impede social sector spending in 2020 budget – ZTP - 10 Oct 2019
- UPND accuses Siamunene of exploiting hunger crisis to make political comeback - 9 Oct 2019
- Corruption, tribalism must be key prayer points on Oct 18 – CCZ - 8 Oct 2019
- It was impossible to consult everyone on Bill 10 – Lubinda - 4 Oct 2019
- Foote urges Zambian youth to get tested for HIV - 4 Oct 2019
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,041 views)
- Kalaluka fights LAZ's subpoenas against himself, Lubinda (1,114 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,027 view)
- Don’t blame climate change but corruption for economic crisis - KBF (1,003 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (981 views)
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
- Police lied about Kaoma shooting, with impunity
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend