by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
DEC arrests 2 N/W Province farmers for cultivating weedBy Mirriam Chabala on 20 Feb 2019
The Drug Enforcement Commission (DEC) in North-Western Province has arrested two small-scale farmers for unlawful cultivation of cannabis weighing over 700 kilogrammes, contrary to the laws of Zambia.
DEC deputy public relations officer Kamufisa Manchishi disclosed in a statement that the duo had concealed the drugs in question in maize and potato fields and that they would soon appear in court.
“Daniel Mwemba, 51, a small-scale farmer of Shafulundu area in Solwezi has been arrested for unlawful cultivation of cannabis plants weighing 295 kilogrammes in the first count, while in the second count he has been jointly-charged with David Lewila, 47, of the same abode for unlawful cultivation of cannabis weighing 408 kilogrammes concealed in maize and potato fields respectively,” stated Manchishi.
“Meanwhile, the Commission in Luapula Province has arrested Bupe Ng’andwe, 42, a small-scale farmer of Paison Village for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plants weighing 410Kg. Also arrested is Christopher Mwewa, 45, a small-scale farmer of Kolala Village in North-Western Province for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plants weighing 115 kilogrammes inter-cropped with maize. All the suspects are in police custody and will appear in court soon.”
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe - 15 Oct 2019
- Commonwealth Finance Ministers to discuss joint action to prevent future debt crises - 15 Oct 2019
- Debt repayments mustn’t impede social sector spending in 2020 budget – ZTP - 10 Oct 2019
- UPND accuses Siamunene of exploiting hunger crisis to make political comeback - 9 Oct 2019
- Corruption, tribalism must be key prayer points on Oct 18 – CCZ - 8 Oct 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (3,209 views)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,414 view)
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba's legitimacy in court (1,210 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,110 view)
- UTH hikes user fees (1,026 view)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend