by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by By Tim Zulu and Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 4 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
ACC nabs former L/Stone council officials for illegal land allocationBy Mukosha Funga on 22 Feb 2019
The Anti-Corruption Commission in Livingstone has arrested 14 former Livingstone City Council Councilors for Abuse of Authority of Office.
According to a statement issued by ACC corporate affairs officer Christopher Chibanku, Friday, the former councilors have been charged with one count of Abuse of Authority of Office.
The Commission earlier arrested Livingstone Central Member of Parliament Mathews Jere on the same charge.
“Particulars of the offence are that on dates unknown but between 1st August, 2013 and 31st October, 2014, whilst serving as Councilors under the Livingstone City Council, jointly and whilst acting together with other persons unknown, did abuse the authority of their offices by allocating plots of land to themselves on property number LIV/4051, a matter or transaction concerning the Livingstone City Council, a public body. The arrested former Councilors are Mathews Jere aged 45, Livingstone Central Member of Parliament, Aggrey Mulako Njekwa aged 54, Fennix Liandisha aged 49, Frank Kalindima aged 47, Fred Sikazwe aged 48, Friday Chilufya Nkonde aged 51, Liswani Likando aged 59, and Milford Maambo aged 50,” Chibanku stated.
“Others are Patrick Makala aged 62, Reuben Kakwasha aged 64, Saxon Simachembele, Steven Simasinti aged 41, Ziwa Malilo Ziwa aged 42 and Stanley Ngoma aged 50.The arrested former Councilors have since been released on Bond and will appear in court soon.”
Meanwhile, the Livingstone Magistrates’ Court has convicted a Local Court Messenger based at Livingstone Local Court to six months imprisonment with hard labour for Theft by Public Servant.
“The Livingstone Magistrate Court sentenced Fines Chooye, 46, of House Number C179, Linda Compound, Livingstone to six months imprisonment on two counts of theft by Public Servant.
In the first count, Particulars of the offence being that on dates unknown but between 1st October, 2015 and 1st December, 2016, Fines Chooye, being a Public Officer working in the Judiciary as a Local Court Messenger under the Livingstone Local Court 2A, did steal a total sum of K250.00 (Two Hundred and Fifty Kwacha) property of Kambole Akayombokwa, which came into his possession by virtue of his employment,” stated Chibanku.
“In the second count, particulars of the offence being that on dates unknown but between 1st November, 2015 and 1st November, 2016 working in the same institution and jurisdiction as above, did steal a total sum of K400.00 (Four Hundred Kwacha), property of Sitenge Mbindo which also came into his possession by virtue of his employment. The Commission arrested Fines Chooye in March, 2018 and charged him with two counts of theft by Public Servant Contrary to section 277 as read with section 265 of the Penal Code CAP 87 of the Laws of Zambia.”
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- TIZ raises red flag against Govt, AVIC on Kafulafuta, Sata Toll Plazas - 8 Oct 2019
- Govt single-sourced AVIC…to construct the $4.3m Toll Plaza which broke down months later - 7 Oct 2019
- Kaoma police nab UPND cadre in shooting incident - 6 Oct 2019
- DEC withdraws summon on Findlay - 3 Oct 2019
- Several soldiers injured during military exhibition in Mbala - 30 Sep 2019
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,041 views)
- Kalaluka fights LAZ's subpoenas against himself, Lubinda (1,114 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,027 view)
- Don’t blame climate change but corruption for economic crisis - KBF (1,003 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (981 views)
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
- Police lied about Kaoma shooting, with impunity
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend