by Natasha Sakala on 17 Sep 2019by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2019by Mwansa Mambwe in Solwezi on 17 Sep 2019
by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
ACC nabs Choma ‘Magistrate’ for corruptionBy Mirriam Chabala on 18 Mar 2019
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) in Choma has arrested two judicial officers and a veterinary surgeon for corrupt practices involving K30,000 and over K29,000 in two separate incidences.
In a statement, ACC corporate affairs officer Christopher Chibanku explained that a Subordinate Court Magistrate, Jacob Matate Mbolela, 60, had been charged with one count of corrupt acquisition of public property and revenue, contrary to the laws of Zambia.
Particulars of the offence are that on dates unknown, but between 1st April, 2014, and 1st April, 2015, in Choma, Mbolela being a public officer namely a Subordinate Court Magistrate employed by the Judiciary in Choma, did unlawfully divert K10,000 property of the Government of the Republic of Zambia.
Chibanku further stated that Winter Lupani, a 34-year-old Court Marshal at Choma Subordinate Court was charged with two counts of corrupt acquisition of public property and revenue, contrary to Section 34 (1) (b) of the Anti-Corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.
“Particulars of the offence are that on dates unknown, but between 1st April, 2014, and 1st April, 2015 in Choma, Jacob Matate Mbolela being a public officer namely a Subordinate Court Magistrate employed by the Judiciary in Choma, did unlawfully divert K10,000 property of the Government of the Republic of Zambia. [And] on dates unknown but between 1st April, 2014, and 1st April, 2015, in Choma, Winter Lupani being a public officer namely Court Marshal employed by the Judiciary did unlawfully divert a total sum of K20,000 property of the Government of the Republic of Zambia,” Chibanku stated.
In another development, the Commission arrested Victor Chainda, a 42-year-old veterinary surgeon for corrupt practices involving over K29,000 and charged him with 33 counts of theft by public servant, contrary to section 277 as read together with section 265 of the Penal Code, Chapter 87 of the laws of Zambia.
“Particulars of the offences are that, on dates unknown but between 1st January, 2015, and 1st December, 2015, in Choma, Victor Chainda being a public officer, namely a Sesheke District Veterinary Officer, did steal a total sum of K29,220 property of the Livestock Department Trust, which came into his possession by virtue of employment,” stated Chibanku.
Meanwhile, Chainda and the two judicial officers from Choma were released on bond and would appear in court soon.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi - 13 Sep 2019
- Lungu must take his Parliament address seriously, people are distressed – Mweetwa - 13 Sep 2019
- Quitting politics has nothing to do with my brother’s appointment at BoZ – Chipimo - 12 Sep 2019
- Lungu fires new FIC board chair Siame - 12 Sep 2019
- Unless you kill me, arrests only make me add volume – Kambwili - 12 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (6,738 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,938 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (2,616 views)
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters (2,221 views)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (2,186 views)
- De-gazettion of Forest 27 doesn’t affect Chalimbana River – Kapata
- Lungu must check his aides, they’ll injure him – KBF
- Zesco is suffering, it’s got no money – laments minister
- My penis doesn’t function, defilement accused tells court
- It’s illogical for companies that don’t pay dividends to bid for KCM – Mumba
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend