by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Lusaka man shoots down robbers in John LaingBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 28 Mar 2019
A 53-year-old man of Lusaka’s John Laing Compound has shot a suspected criminal three times, leaving him with gunshot wounds on his right arm and leg after he found him stealing rabbits at a named house.
According to a statement issued, Tuesday, acting Police Spokesperson Danny Mwale stated that Kelvin Simpungwe was shot by Febian Watamuka around 03:00 hours when he was found stealing rabbits with two others.
He added that Simpungwe and two others passed on the rabbits to their colleagues who were currently on the run.
“A suspected criminal sustained gunshot wounds after being shot at three times when he, together with two others were found stealing rabbits at a named house in Lusaka’s John Laing Compound. Fabian Watamuka aged 53 of John Laing Compound, shot at Kelvin Simpungwe who sustained gunshot wounds on the right arm and right leg. This occurred today (Tuesday) around 03:00 hours when the three suspects were found stealing rabbits which they later passed on to their colleagues who are currently on the run,” he stated.
Mwale stated that about 14 rabbits valued at K1,500, were stolen.
He stated that two other suspects were detained in police custody while Simpungwe was admitted to the University Teaching Hospital.
“14 Rabbits were stolen all valued at K1,500. Two other suspects identified as Roderick Kabamba aged 23 and Taulayi Chilyata aged 20 all of John Laing Compound are detained in Police custody while Kelvin Simpungwe is admitted to the University Teaching Hospital,” Mwale stated.
He stated that a pistol believed to have been used in the shooting incident was recovered from the owner, adding that Police had instituted investigations into the matter.
Meanwhile, in another statement issued, Tuesday, Mwale warned members of the public not to fall prey to unscrupulous individuals who were impersonating Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja on Facebook.
He stated that Kanganja was not connected to the Facebook account that was trending on social media and was therefore distancing himself from the scam and its contents.
“There is a Facebook account alleging to be for the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Kakoma Kanganja and the same is trending on Social Media. Be informed that the Inspector General of Police is not connected to the said account and therefore wishes to distance himself from the scam and its contents. Members of the public are warned not to fall prey to unscrupulous individuals impersonating the Police Chief and other well-meaning citizens,” Mwale stated.
He stated that police had instituted investigations into the matter and that those behind the syndicate would soon be brought to book.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court - 15 Oct 2019
- I smoke marijuana to cool my temper, Lusaka man tells court - 15 Oct 2019
- Siwale asks High Court to halt his Defamation of the President case - 15 Oct 2019
- Lungu can’t be compelled to avail Mutembo report on his dismissal – Kalaluka - 14 Oct 2019
- UPND a strong opposition party, will remain that way beyond 2021 – Minister - 14 Oct 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,950 views)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,380 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,060 view)
- UTH hikes user fees (986 views)
- Nkombo wonders how "inflicting misery on people" will help Lungu win 2021 (958 views)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend