- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Lusaka man shoots down robbers in John LaingBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 28 Mar 2019
A 53-year-old man of Lusaka’s John Laing Compound has shot a suspected criminal three times, leaving him with gunshot wounds on his right arm and leg after he found him stealing rabbits at a named house.
According to a statement issued, Tuesday, acting Police Spokesperson Danny Mwale stated that Kelvin Simpungwe was shot by Febian Watamuka around 03:00 hours when he was found stealing rabbits with two others.
He added that Simpungwe and two others passed on the rabbits to their colleagues who were currently on the run.
“A suspected criminal sustained gunshot wounds after being shot at three times when he, together with two others were found stealing rabbits at a named house in Lusaka’s John Laing Compound. Fabian Watamuka aged 53 of John Laing Compound, shot at Kelvin Simpungwe who sustained gunshot wounds on the right arm and right leg. This occurred today (Tuesday) around 03:00 hours when the three suspects were found stealing rabbits which they later passed on to their colleagues who are currently on the run,” he stated.
Mwale stated that about 14 rabbits valued at K1,500, were stolen.
He stated that two other suspects were detained in police custody while Simpungwe was admitted to the University Teaching Hospital.
“14 Rabbits were stolen all valued at K1,500. Two other suspects identified as Roderick Kabamba aged 23 and Taulayi Chilyata aged 20 all of John Laing Compound are detained in Police custody while Kelvin Simpungwe is admitted to the University Teaching Hospital,” Mwale stated.
He stated that a pistol believed to have been used in the shooting incident was recovered from the owner, adding that Police had instituted investigations into the matter.
Meanwhile, in another statement issued, Tuesday, Mwale warned members of the public not to fall prey to unscrupulous individuals who were impersonating Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja on Facebook.
He stated that Kanganja was not connected to the Facebook account that was trending on social media and was therefore distancing himself from the scam and its contents.
“There is a Facebook account alleging to be for the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Kakoma Kanganja and the same is trending on Social Media. Be informed that the Inspector General of Police is not connected to the said account and therefore wishes to distance himself from the scam and its contents. Members of the public are warned not to fall prey to unscrupulous individuals impersonating the Police Chief and other well-meaning citizens,” Mwale stated.
He stated that police had instituted investigations into the matter and that those behind the syndicate would soon be brought to book.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Soko not entitled to any of his claims, RTSA tells court - 21 Feb 2020
- Kambwili has the right to criticize govt, ZNBC staffer tells court - 21 Feb 2020
- ConCourt throws out LAZ’s application to jail Tutwa for contempt - 21 Feb 2020
- Court orders release of IMS boss’ passport - 20 Feb 2020
- $1m claim in costs by Rephidim, 2 others is inflated, says Vedanta - 20 Feb 2020
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing (7,229 views)
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG (6,202 views)
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus (5,303 views)
- Where is the father while the mother weeps “amwa peeling?” (2,850 views)
- Lungu renews Bible Society membership, as netizens drag him back to gassing (2,336 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- Stop social media abuse – Kafwaya
- Disband Religion Ministry, Sumaili’s actions border on lawlessness
- Mobs kill four more, as police nab 14 for murder
- The real ritual killer is The Mob
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus
- Careless comments on gassing will breed chaos – ZCCB
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing
- It’s every man for himself under Lungu – Milupi
- ACC probes Health Minister for corruption
- Chilubi outcome shows 2021 polls won’t be free and fair – AVAP
- Criminals are changing tactics, soldiers can’t root them out instantly – Chama
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend