by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 18 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 19 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Douty Chibamba on 19 Oct 2019by Felicity Kayumba Kalunga on 18 Oct 2019by Patricia Scotland, Commonwealth Secretary-General on 17 Oct 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Oct 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunkBy Mukosha Funga on 25 Aug 2019
Police in Luapula have launched a manhunt for a man who beat his wife to death after “finding her very drunk”.
This is according to a statement issued by acting police spokesperson Danny Mwale, Sunday.
“A thirty-six year old woman identified as Jessie Mwape of Mwense in Luapula Province was beaten to death by her husband. The incident occurred on 25 August, 2019 around 01:00 hours at Kapakala East in Mwense District. Police visited the scene and on physical inspection, the body was found with cuts on the head and limbs. It is alleged that the incident happened when the husband, identified as Daniel Kabaso, found his wife very drunk. The suspect is at large while body of the deceased is in Mwense hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem,” Mwale stated.
And in a related incident, Mwale stated that police in Lusaka were holding a 35-year-old man over the death of his 27-year-old wife.
“And Police in Lusaka are holding a 35 year old man identified as Chipo Sikazwe of yellow shop in Makeni Villa over the death of his 27 year old wife identified as Mercy Banda. Preliminary investigations revealed that the couple fought on 24 August, 2019 around 07:00 hours. The husband only discovered that the wife was dead around 18:00 hours after knocking off from work.
Body of the deceased is laying in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem,” stated Mwale.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Unaccounted for stores jumped from K6m in 2017 to K134m in 2018 – Auditor General - 17 Oct 2019
- TIZ raises red flag against Govt, AVIC on Kafulafuta, Sata Toll Plazas - 8 Oct 2019
- Govt single-sourced AVIC…to construct the $4.3m Toll Plaza which broke down months later - 7 Oct 2019
- Kaoma police nab UPND cadre in shooting incident - 6 Oct 2019
- DEC withdraws summon on Findlay - 3 Oct 2019
- Tough decisions will be made despite close 2021 polls – Lungu (4,308 views)
- Police should not wear masks (1,680 view)
- Namugala curtails homosexuality debates (1,171 view)
- Load shedding: The underlying causes that we are overlooking (861 views)
- Benny Zulu led us to the crime scene for reconstruction, Cop tells court (642 views)
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend