by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Nov 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala and Stuart Lisulo on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Nov 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga and Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Elias Banda on 15 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 14 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
Mugabe was a Pan-Africanist who dedicated his life to emancipation – ZCTUBy Mirriam Chabala on 10 Sep 2019
The Zambia Congress of Trade Unions (ZCTU) has described former Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe who died in Singapore last Friday as a pan-Africanist who dedicated his life to the emancipation and empowerment of his people.
In a letter of condolences addressed to the Zimbabwean High Commissioner in Zambia, ZCTU secretary general Cosmas Mukuka stated that Mugabe would be widely remembered for his contribution to the continent’s freedom.
“We mourn with our brothers and sisters in Zimbabwe over the loss of this liberation icon and a pan-Africanist who dedicated his life to the emancipation and empowerment of his people. Indeed, his contribution to the history of Zimbabwe and the continent will never be forgotten…Mr Mugabe will be widely remembered as a revolutionary leader who played a significant role in liberating Zimbabwe from white minority rule,” Mukuka stated.
“The sub-region and indeed the entire continent of Africa does recognise his immense contribution to the liberation struggle…On behalf of the workers of Zambia and indeed on own behalf, I wish to convey sincere and heartfelt condolences over this death and we are only comforted that Zimbabwe has lost a leader whose service to his country will forever be inscribed. We mourn with the people of Zimbabwe over the passing of this statesman, leader and revolutionary.”
In November, 2017, Mugabe was overthrown from the presidency by the military and his then Vice-President Emerson Mnangagwa, who later took over as Zimbabwe’s President, bringing an end to the former’s 37-year rule.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- I am ready to face DEC, says Amos - 14 Nov 2019
- Reject PF’s tribal politics, Kalala tells Northern, Eastern provinces - 14 Nov 2019
- DEC arrests Amos for corrupt practices - 14 Nov 2019
- Power deficit has worsened load shedding beyond 15hrs – Zesco - 13 Nov 2019
- Electoral violence inquiry report implicates Mumbi Phiri, Frank Bwalya, Mwata Kazembe - 12 Nov 2019
- How Mushimba influenced UNZA to pass his wife who failed 2 medical courses (8,352 views)
- DEC arrests Amos for corrupt practices (1,799 view)
- I am ready to face DEC, says Amos (1,613 view)
- Court awards K3.3m damages to family of ZAF officer who died in police custody (1,143 view)
- KCM workers, exam pupils hospitalised in Chingola after inhaling toxic gas from Nchanga Mine (1,067 view)
- Chief Mukuni urged people to vote UPND in 2016, reveals Commission of Inquiry
- Enemies want to divide us as we get to 2021 – Lungu
- PF rule has no respect for human life – ZCCB
- Load shedding, kwacha depreciation slashing business performance – BCI
- Govt will get $2.03bn loan from China for Chipata-Serenje Railway project, reveals Minister
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both
- I'm at the bottom but God has a plan, says Mutati as Nevers meets Lungu
- HH among directors of company seeking to mine in Lower Zambezi - Musukwa tells parley
- Yes, Zambia’s debt is criminal!
- Govt cancelled presidential jet purchase due to austerity measures – Wina
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend