- by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Kambwili survives another accidentBy Mirriam Chabala on 4 May 2017
Former Information and Broadcasting Services minister Chishimba Kambwili has been involved in another road traffic accident.
Police confirmed the accident and named the causer as Reuben Zulu, 49 who was driving a Suzuki.
“We recieved a report of Road Traffic Accident which occurred at around 10:30 hours today at 22 miles, Protea junction on Great North road involving a motor vehicle Mitsubishi Pajero registration number AJD 7443 in which Honourable Chishimba Kambwili was a passenger and was being driven by Alfred Phiri aged 40 years of Kamwala South driving from north towards south direction; and another motor vehicle Suzuki registration number BAE 6389 which was being driven by Reuben Zulu aged 49 years of Chunga Lusaka, driving from east towards west,” police spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo stated.
“The accident happened when the driver of the Suzuki which was joining the Great North road did not give way hence hit into the Mitsubishi Pajero which had four occupants including the driver, causing it to flip over. Honourable Chishimba Kambwili and the other occupants sustained minor injuries and were taken to UTH. The Mitsubishi Pajero had a damaged side view mirror, cracked windscreen and deformed doors, while the Suzuki had its front part extensively damaged.”
In the video above, Kambwili is seen on the roadside with onlookers and sympathizers.
On April 20, 2017, Kambwili survived another road accident which happened in Mwense district of Luapula province.
Explaining the accident, Kambwili narrated that he was going to Kawambwa for a funeral and some boys on a bicycle suddenly emerged from the bush.
He says that despite trying to avoid the boys, his driver hit them and the car over turned five times.
Kambwili narrates that although he only sustained some body pains, his brother and the boys are in a critical condition and they have been rushed to Mwense Hospital.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province - 20 Aug 2017
- Mandatory HIV testing unconstitutional – PeP - 17 Aug 2017
- Ndola Police stop “HH freedom” celebrations - 17 Aug 2017
- Compulsory HIV testing is against human rights – FDD - 16 Aug 2017
- Lufwanyama toasts PF empowerment - 15 Aug 2017
You may also like...
- There’s more to UNZA students than stone-throwing, says Deputy VC
- Allowing prisoners to vote will bring confusion- FDD
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend