by Abraham Kalito on 22 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 22 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018
by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
Kambwili survives another accidentBy Mirriam Chabala on 4 May 2017
Former Information and Broadcasting Services minister Chishimba Kambwili has been involved in another road traffic accident.
Police confirmed the accident and named the causer as Reuben Zulu, 49 who was driving a Suzuki.
“We recieved a report of Road Traffic Accident which occurred at around 10:30 hours today at 22 miles, Protea junction on Great North road involving a motor vehicle Mitsubishi Pajero registration number AJD 7443 in which Honourable Chishimba Kambwili was a passenger and was being driven by Alfred Phiri aged 40 years of Kamwala South driving from north towards south direction; and another motor vehicle Suzuki registration number BAE 6389 which was being driven by Reuben Zulu aged 49 years of Chunga Lusaka, driving from east towards west,” police spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo stated.
“The accident happened when the driver of the Suzuki which was joining the Great North road did not give way hence hit into the Mitsubishi Pajero which had four occupants including the driver, causing it to flip over. Honourable Chishimba Kambwili and the other occupants sustained minor injuries and were taken to UTH. The Mitsubishi Pajero had a damaged side view mirror, cracked windscreen and deformed doors, while the Suzuki had its front part extensively damaged.”
In the video above, Kambwili is seen on the roadside with onlookers and sympathizers.
On April 20, 2017, Kambwili survived another road accident which happened in Mwense district of Luapula province.
Explaining the accident, Kambwili narrated that he was going to Kawambwa for a funeral and some boys on a bicycle suddenly emerged from the bush.
He says that despite trying to avoid the boys, his driver hit them and the car over turned five times.
Kambwili narrates that although he only sustained some body pains, his brother and the boys are in a critical condition and they have been rushed to Mwense Hospital.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- UZi will enhance competition, lower cost of mobile services – CCPC - 22 Mar 2018
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime - 22 Mar 2018
- State House clueless on how to handle New York dossier – Chipimo - 22 Mar 2018
- Mweetwa, Kafywaya take corruption debate to TV - 21 Mar 2018
- CTPD questions PF’s appetite for tax - 21 Mar 2018
- Judge Musona finally views 'missing' Munali violence video
- Police release Kambwili, order him to report at Woodlands station tomorrow
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu's trips
- Our ethics demand that we respect Mr Chanda’s reaction
- HPCZ drags Lafarge to court for operating illegal clinic, dispensing expired drugs
- Speaker orders Kambwili to apologise for ‘maligning’ Kampyongo, Grandview
- Investigative journalism key to development – Foote
- Increase tax on beer instead of making people pay borehole tax – Mwashingwele
- UZi will enhance competition, lower cost of mobile services – CCPC
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend