by Natasha Sakala on 21 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Nov 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 18 Nov 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala and Stuart Lisulo on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 14 Nov 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Nov 2019by Daniel Chansa on 20 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 17 Nov 2019by Elias Banda on 15 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 14 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 17 Nov 2019by CUTS on 7 Nov 2019by CUTS on 7 Nov 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Oct 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
UPND’s Kalimanshi pleads not guilty to ‘disturbing peace’, gets K8,000 bailBy Elias Banda on 12 Apr 2017
Renowned UPND youth, Innocent Kalimanshi who was arrested during failed rally in Lusaka’s Kanyama compound over a week ago, has been granted K8,000 cash bail.
Kalimanshi appeared before Lusaka resident magistrate Brian Simachela and pleaded not guilty to a charge of conduct likely to cause the breach of peace.
Magistrate Simachela granted the accused K8,000 cash with two working sureties who are expected to pay K5,000 each.
His appearance in court today follows a High Court order of Habeas Corpus that he asked for after suing the state for unlawful detention.
The Lusaka High Court on Monday granted an order compelling the state to take Kalimanshi to court so that he could be tried.
The accused was initially charged with proposing violence but later the charge was changed to conduct likely to cause a breach of the peace.
About Elias Banda
Elias Banda is interested in lifestyle and human interest stories and he brings a unique perspective.
Email: elias [at] diggers [dot] news
- Fashion reveals hiding knee injury from medical staff - 15 Nov 2019
- Kamondo urges ConCourt to dismiss Masumba’s appeal - 29 May 2017
- Keith Mukata’s ‘wife’ attracts attention at court - 19 May 2017
- Judge Nkonde stops LAZ from joining Post case - 5 May 2017
- ZRA wants to hide corruption, UPP tells Court - 2 May 2017
- Chilubi MP dies (4,692 views)
- Kaizer explains accident: I acted to save school children, went into a ditch (2,483 views)
- Shiwang’andu DC admits stopping UPND campaign helicopter from landing in 2016 (2,461 views)
- Zesco pays Eskom for 3-month power import (1,907 view)
- Lungu will win 2021 despite load shedding, high mealie meal prices - Lusambo (994 views)
- Saasa ties kwacha’s depreciation to mines’ poor performance
- Zesco pays Eskom for 3-month power import
- Current debt stock reflection of PF’s ambitious infrastructure development agenda – Ng’andu
- It’s too early for MMD to form alliances – Nevers
- German Envoy a novice – Siliya; he’s inciting citizens to rise against govt – Kasolo
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend