- by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Mukata, Charmaine committed to High Court for murder trialBy Diggers Reporter on 2 Jun 2017
Murder accused Keith Mukata and his lover Charmaine Musonda have been committed to the High Court for trial.
Lusaka magistrate Ireen Wishimanga committed them to the High Court after a state prosecutor presented a certificate of committal signed by Director of Public Prosecutions Lilian Siyuni.
“Now therefore I Fuluta .L. Shawa Siyuni ,SC Director of Public Prosecutions for the Republic of Zambia, pursuant to the powers vested in me by section 254 of the Criminal Procedure Code, chapter 88 of the laws Zambia do hereby certify that this is a proper case for trial by the High Court,”read the committal.
Magistrate Wishimanga has then explained to the accused that they would no longer appear before her.
“From now onward you will cease to be appearing before the subordinate court, you will be informed when to appear at the High Court,” said Wishimanga.
After the court session ended, Mukata and his lover avoided cameras by using court tunnels to get to the holding cell where they hurriedly a private red Toyota Spacio in which they were driven off to prison.
The duo allegedly shot dead a security guard at Mukata’s lawfirm, AKM Legal Practitioners.
About Diggers Reporter
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC - 20 Aug 2017
- Resolve differences around Zambia-Canada Foreign and Investment Promotion Agreement - 20 Aug 2017
- Is Wedson quitting Chipolopolo? - 19 Aug 2017
- Bafana will fall, Shonga - 18 Aug 2017
- Lusaka Pastor gets 8yrs for defrauding residents - 18 Aug 2017
- There’s more to UNZA students than stone-throwing, says Deputy VC
- Allowing prisoners to vote will bring confusion- FDD
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend