- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Mukata, Charmaine committed to High Court for murder trialBy Diggers Reporter on 2 Jun 2017
Murder accused Keith Mukata and his lover Charmaine Musonda have been committed to the High Court for trial.
Lusaka magistrate Ireen Wishimanga committed them to the High Court after a state prosecutor presented a certificate of committal signed by Director of Public Prosecutions Lilian Siyuni.
“Now therefore I Fuluta .L. Shawa Siyuni ,SC Director of Public Prosecutions for the Republic of Zambia, pursuant to the powers vested in me by section 254 of the Criminal Procedure Code, chapter 88 of the laws Zambia do hereby certify that this is a proper case for trial by the High Court,”read the committal.
Magistrate Wishimanga has then explained to the accused that they would no longer appear before her.
“From now onward you will cease to be appearing before the subordinate court, you will be informed when to appear at the High Court,” said Wishimanga.
After the court session ended, Mukata and his lover avoided cameras by using court tunnels to get to the holding cell where they hurriedly a private red Toyota Spacio in which they were driven off to prison.
The duo allegedly shot dead a security guard at Mukata’s lawfirm, AKM Legal Practitioners.
About Diggers Reporter
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- Lusaka woman denies stealing baby - 18 Oct 2017
- Woman in court for burning daughter over K7 - 18 Oct 2017
- Residential plots under Zesco poles shock Kapata - 14 Oct 2017
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- We are not a university for the poor - UNZA
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi's jersey at Day of Prayer
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge's prayer position sparks debate
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend