- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Court orders commencement of trial against UPND members accused of obstructing policeBy Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017
The Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has ordered that trial should commence in a matter in which Hakainde Hichilema’s deputy press secretary Brian Mwiinga and nine others are facing a charge of obstructing police officers from executing their duties.
Magistrate Faidess Hamaundu says the case has dragged ever since it was brought to court without progress.
When the matter came up today, trial could not commence due to the absence of the prosecutor handling the case.
One of the accused persons was equally not present, forcing the court to order the state to start prosecuting the accused persons when the matter comes up on September 4, 2017.
According to the defense counsel Zevyanji Sinkala, David Mwanza could not make it to court as he was sick and seeking medical treatment.
Sinkala promised to avail a medical report at the next court session.
This is in a matter in which Mwiinga and nine others are accused of obstructing police officers on April 10, 2017 during the arrest of Hichilema.
Among those he is jointly charged with are William Banda; HH’s political advisor and Rashid Mumba.
About Diggers Reporter
- 3 Zimbabwean women in court for stealing food from Pick n Pay - 21 Nov 2017
- Court refuses to resolve UNIP leadership wrangles - 21 Nov 2017
- Police place bounty on killers of Chinese national - 21 Nov 2017
- Mboozi’s absence from court forces magistrate to consider acquitting Nchima Nchito - 20 Nov 2017
- Magistrate commits Precious’ lover to the High Court - 20 Nov 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend