by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jul 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jul 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Jul 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Stuart Lisulo on 21 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Jul 2019by Natasha Sakala on 18 Jul 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 18 Jul 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 21 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Jul 2019
by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jun 2019by Martha Mwanza and Felix Kashweka on 21 Jun 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Prof Muna Ndulo on 21 Jul 2019by Dr Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Jun 2019by Chewe Chishala on 22 Jun 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 11 Jun 2019
Farm sues State for criminal trespassBy Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017[easy-social-share counters=0 counter_pos="hidden" total_counter_pos="right" template="20" style="icon" point_type="simple"]
A farm in Central Province has sued the state for criminal trespass over the Ministry of General Education’s decision to encroach on its land in Mukonchi area.
According to a statement of claim filed in the Lusaka High Court, Pabuta Enterprises Limited is claiming K500,000 from the state as damages for encroachment.
The company is also seeking damages for trespass, loss and inconvenience.
Details are that the ministry trespassed on the plaintiff’s land on which they built a school known as Chamukamba Primary School thereby illegally occupying part of the company’s farm to the extent of approximately 5 hectares.
The company stated that several attempts had been made to settle the matter with the ministry but to no avail.
The demand letter was thus issued to the ministry on July 26, 2017 but was ignored with impunity.
The company availed that the 125 hectare piece of land, being farm number 5506, was purchased in May, 2005.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Inviting gay people means we’re slowly accepting a crime – Sumaili - 30 Jun 2019
- Sikota opposes electoral law reforms - 28 Jun 2019
- Lungu appoints Isaac Chipampe as new press aide - 13 Jun 2019
- We must change the law to stop FIC from spreading their gossip reports – Lungu - 6 Jun 2019
- Woman sustains serious burns in road accident - 22 May 2019
- HH richer than me, but can’t build you a toilet, Lungu tells Katuba
- Court’s decision not to oust Kambwili leaves NDC in awkward position – Musenge
- Ng’andu up against PF’s self-preservation – Sacika
- Even RB was more reasonable than Lungu – Kambwili
- We’ll work with Mushimba to fix mess of Luo’s destructive legacy – UNZALARU
Subscribe for email alerts