by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Apr 2019by Osward Sichone in Kafue on 19 Apr 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Apr 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Apr 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 27 Mar 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Mar 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Mar 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Mar 2019
by Stuart Lisulo in Lumwana on 19 Apr 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Apr 2019by Stuart Lisulo in Lumwana on 18 Apr 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Apr 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Apr 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Apr 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Apr 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Apr 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 19 Apr 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Apr 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Apr 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Apr 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 2 Apr 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 29 Mar 2019by McQueen Zaza on 26 Mar 2019by Zindikilani Banda in Sinda on 20 Mar 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Dr Munyonzwe Hamalengwa on 18 Apr 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 14 Apr 2019by Dr Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 28 Mar 2019by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 25 Mar 2019
Lusaka man admits stealing mattressBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 7 Mar 2019
A 42-year-old general worker has pleaded guilty in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court to stealing a mattress worth K600 for his personal use.
This is the matter in which Chrispine Chembo of Chiyaba village in Nampundwe, is facing one count of burglary and theft contrary to Section 301(a) and 272 of the Penal Code Chapter 87 of the Laws of Zambia.
Particulars of the offence allege that during the night of February 12 and 13, 2019, in Lusaka, Chembo broke into Lister Kausu’s house and stole a mattress valued at K600.
And when the matter came up for plea before magistrate Victoria Chitulangoma, Wednesday, Chembo pleaded guilty saying he entered the said house around 20:00 hours by forcing the door open.
He added that he managed to break the lock to the house because it wasn’t strong enough.
Chembo said when he entered the house, he only stole the mattress which was on the bed and left.
“Yes I entered the complainant’s house around 20:00 hours. I opened the door because the kind of lock which was there is not strong. When I entered the house, I just got the mattress which was on the bed and left,” he said.
Chembo disclosed that after getting the mattress, he took it to his house.
Asked why he stole, he said he wanted to be using it.
The court adjourned the matter to today for facts and possible sentencing.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe is a vibrant young Zambian journalist who has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians. She draws inspiration from journalists who stand for what is right and are not afraid to tell and show the truth to the people.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- UPND will transform public universities into centres of innovation – Lungwangwa - 18 Apr 2019
- DPP gives consent for Mwaliteta’s prosecution in offensive weapon case - 18 Apr 2019
- I connived with cocaine thieves so I could expose them, court official tells court - 18 Apr 2019
- ConCourt to rule on whether Deputy Mayors are eligible to re-contest their positions on May 17 - 18 Apr 2019
- Give me respect when you’re on my soil, Nkomeshya tells Prof Luo - 18 Apr 2019
- Give me respect when you're on my soil, Nkomeshya tells Prof Luo
- PF clamps down on social media usage as youths demand Mwila removal
- GBM is detached from UPND, says Mucheleka, as Mwamba fights on
- Kambwili names PF cadres who threatened him, gives police their contacts
- Kambwili unveils shadow cabinet, drops Musenge
- Those calling for Mwila’s removal are disgruntled non-PF members – Lusambo
- Lumwana ramps up production, targets 107,000 tonnes of copper
- Suffering has a meaning, mwaculeni ba Zambia!
- PF suspends Kafue youth chairman for stealing 35kgs of campaign beef
- Cost of Service study suspension necessitated new tariff application – Zesco
Subscribe for email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend