by Thomas Mulenga on 22 May 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 May 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 May 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 22 May 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Guest Digger on 22 May 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 22 May 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 May 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 21 May 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 May 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 22 May 2019by Mukosha Funga on 22 May 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 May 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 22 May 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 May 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 May 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 May 2019
by Sampa Kabwela on 18 May 2019by Felix Kashweka on 16 May 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 26 Apr 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 23 Apr 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Guest Digger on 22 May 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 21 May 2019by Dr Munyonzwe Hamalengwa on 19 May 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 16 May 2019
Airtel sues Kapiri man for refusing to pay back K200,000 erroneously sent to himBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Mar 2019
Airtel Networks Zambia has sued a Kapiri Mposhi resident in the Lusaka High Court for refusing to pay back K200,000 which was erroneously paid to him by the company.
The company wants James Kumwenda to pay it back the K200,000 plus interest.
In a statement of claim filed in the Lusaka High Court recently, Airtel Networks Zambia stated that it was at all material times, a public limited company whose main business was in telecommunications.
Airtel Networks added that Kumwenda was at all material times a resident of Kapiri Mposhi and owner of Subdivision K of farm number 3790.
It explained that Kumwenda sued the company in 2017 and it was agreed and ordered that he was to be paid K95,000 as full and final settlement of the said action.
Airtel Networks claimed that in settling the said judgement sum, the company, through its Finance Department, erroneously overpaid Kumwenda by K200,000.
“By an action in the High Court, the defendant (Kumwenda) sued the plaintiff (Airtel) under cause number 2017/HB/30 and the said matter was settled by consent order whereby it was agreed and ordered that Kumwenda was to be paid K95,000 as full and final settlement of the said action,” read the statement of claim.
“In settling the said judgment sum, Airtel Networks Zambia through its Finance Department, erroneously overpaid Kumwenda by the sum of K200,000. Instead of K95,000, Kumwenda was paid K295,000.”
The company claimed that Kumwenda was not legally entitled to the said overpayment of K200,000, adding that the defendant had refused to repay the said money to the company.
It stated that Kumwenda acknowledged and admitted receipt of the K295,000 and had no defence to the company’s claim.
The company lamented that it had suffered loss and damage as a result.
The telecommunications company is now claiming the sum of K200,000 which Kumwenda received from it, interest, costs and and any other relief the court may deem fit in the circumstances.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe is a vibrant young Zambian journalist who has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians. She draws inspiration from journalists who stand for what is right and are not afraid to tell and show the truth to the people.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- I didn’t believe mum when she said ‘hubby’ is my brother, incest accused tells court - 22 May 2019
- Lusaka man gets 8 months for hitting wife with pot - 22 May 2019
- CK vows to prove Mwila hired someone to write his G12 exams - 22 May 2019
- Assailants shoot local court messenger in Choma - 22 May 2019
- God has removed His grace from Lungu that’s why he’s insulting Church – Kambwili - 21 May 2019
- KCM placed under liquidation, Milingo Lungu takes charge as provisional liquidator
- Chomba Kaoma reports Kaizer to police for slapping him
- I hear you've been boasting that you have me in your pocket, Lungu asks AVIC
- Gunshots fired as KCM liquidator storms Chingola to takeover assets
- Lungu dares Church: You're not holier than others, if you're angry take me on
- CBU failed to remit K686 million to ZRA, NAPSA in 2017 – Auditor General
- I didn’t believe mum when she said ‘hubby’ is my brother, incest accused tells court
- Lusaka man gets 8 months for hitting wife with pot
- PF political architecture a danger to peace, stability – CSOs
- Gary challenges Sakwiba to name UPND MPs who were texting him at NDF
Subscribe for email alerts
ArchivesJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend