by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Kambwili denies racial remarks chargeBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 12 Jun 2019
NDC leader Chishimba Kambwili has again pleaded not guilty before Lusaka Magistrate Silvia Munyinya in the matter in which he is accused of expressing racial remarks against an Indian national.
In this matter, Kambwili is charged with one count of expressing or showing hatred, ridicule or contempt for persons because of race contrary to Section 70 (1) of the Penal Code Chapter 87 of the Laws of Zambia.
Particulars of the offence allege that Kambwili on February 19, this year, expressed racial remarks on Rajesh Kumar Verma, an Indian national.
When the matter was first taken to court in February this year, it was allocated to magistrate Humphrey Chitalu where the accused pleaded not guilty and was granted K3,000 cash bail.
Magistrate Chitalu further ordered Kambwili to provide two working sureties residing in Lusaka, who would be bound in the sum of K10,000, in their own recognisance.
But after magistrate Chitalu was transferred to Chipata Magistrates’ Court, the matter was re-allocated to magistrate Munyinya.
And when the matter came up before magistrate Munyinya for fresh plea, Tuesday, Kambwili denied the charge.
The matter has been adjourned to July 12, 2019 for mention and August 7, 2019 for commencement of trial.
The accused’s bail has been extended.
Kambwili was arrested in February 2019 and charged with the said offence in relation to the viral social media video in which he was filmed having an altercation with an Indian who was operating a road compactor.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them - 13 Sep 2019
- Judge Nkonde asks ConCourt to dismiss M’membe’s application for review of costs - 13 Sep 2019
- If Nevers is allowed to lead the party, there’ll be no MMD, witness tells court - 13 Sep 2019
- Man in court for defiling wife’s sisters, infecting them with HIV - 13 Sep 2019
- Man whose dogs killed boy committed to High Court for trial - 13 Sep 2019
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it - Lungu (2,594 views)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (2,559 views)
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them (1,433 view)
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi (1,260 view)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,170 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend