- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 23 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
Zambia kicks off Spain camp with victoryBy Nelson Kazeze on 1 Feb 2017
ZAMBIA Under-20 national soccer team has kicked off their Spain training camp in Spain with a victory.
The Beston Chambeshi side beat Tenerife B junior team 1-0 yesterday.
An 85th minute goal from Spain-based midfielder Mwape Mumba handed Zambia the win.
Chambeshi selected his strongest starting eleven, making two changes to the team which defeated South Africa in the U-20 Cosafa Cup final on December 16.
Chambeshi said he was impressed with the performance of the team but stressed the need to work on the striking force.
“The game was fine, we are happy with the way the boys played. We still have to put in a lot of work because we missed a lot of good chances. But we are still preparing and we have to improve especially in defense; we don’t want any slip ups there,” said Chambeshi.
“Today’s opposition gave us a good run; it was not an easy team. We have learnt one or two things. In the next game, we have to polish up in both attack and defense. We hope to score a lot of goals in our next practice match with Basel because the U-20 AFCON which we are preparing for is about scoring goals.”
And Zambia senior national team coach Wedson Nyirenda, who is part U-20 technical bench, advised the players to remain focused and keep their concentration.
“I think we are getting better. It’s been about two months since the U-20 Cosafa Cup final. We controlled the game from the first whistle and the boys showed good character. This is a sign that we have a good foundation for the senior national team,” said Nyirenda.
Meanwhile, Zambia will face FC Basel’s B side in their second game on tomorrow at 13:00 hours Zambian time.
The Junior Chipolopolo will also face Las Palmas and Real Madrid reserve sides on 4th and 6th February respectively.
The team will head back home next week ahead of their February 12 friendly in Ndola against their South African counterparts ahead of the championship which Zambia will host from February 26 to March 12.Related Items
- Lungu expels Kambwili, Musenge from PF
- I'm a threat to the sole candidate - Kambwili
- PF is being run by frustrated SG and deputy, they wanted to be ministers - youths
- Russia to deliver 4 superjets to Zambia in 2018, plus one for Head of State - Media
- Kapata mocks Lusaka Mayor over suggestion to bury Zesco cables
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend