- by Mukosha Funga on 24 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 24 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 23 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
IG promotes Under-20 trainer to Chief InspectorBy Stella Goma on 15 Mar 2017
Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja has promoted the under 20 trainer Yona Phiri from Inspector to Chief Inspector of police.
In a statement issued today March 15, 2017, Police Spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo said the Police service was pleased with Yona’s splendid performance in football with the under 20 national team.
“The Inspector General of Police has promoted the under 20 goalkeeper trainer Yona Phiri who is also Goal keeper trainer for the Zambia Police outfit, Nkwazi Football team from the rank of Inspector to Chief Inspector following his splendid performance with the under 20 national team,” she said.
Katongo disclosed that Kanganja promoted Yona, who was an officer at Kabwata Police Station yesterday when he presented to him the Under 20 CAF gold medal and two replica jerseys for Zambia.
Recently Yona was voted Zambia Police coach of the year during the 2016 police Awards held in February 2017
“The Inspector General indicated that it was evident that he (Yona Phiri) was doing very well as seen through the display by the Zambia Under 20 national team Goal Keeper, Mangani Banda who was very confident throughout the whole tournament and only allowed 2 goals,” she said.
And Kanganja urged trainer Phiri to continue flying the Zambian and Police flag high through his contribution to the national team as he continues coaching Goalkeepers.Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend