- by Joseph Mwenya in Kabwe on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Dec 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 7 Dec 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 7 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 5 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Reporter on 4 Dec 2017by Laura Miti on 24 Nov 2017by The Washington Post on 16 Nov 2017by Times of Zambia employees on 15 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenya on 28 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Mosho confirms auction sale of Post assetsBy Stella Goma on 5 Apr 2017
Lusaka lawyer Lewis Mosho says Post Newspaper assets which were seized by the Zambia Revenue Authority are now going on sale.
Earlier today, News Diggers published a story, quoting an advert which originated from social media, detailing the assets which had been placed on auction sale, but readers expressed concern that the advert was fake.
When contacted to clarify, Mosho of Lewis Nathan and Advocates, who is provisional liquidator of Post Newspaper Ltd assets, said the information was true although the official advert had not yet been released.
“The advert is not officially out. It is true that an advert will start running soon for the sale of those assets but that advert is not officially published. So if you have seen an advert… what I mean is if I were you I wouldn’t refer to it because it is not official. But it is true that ZRA will be going ahead to sale all the assets that it seized last year in July because assets were seized before the company was put on liquidation; you get the point, and they do have the power to go ahead and sale anyway so they are selling those assets but before that they will be an advert which will start running in the next few days. So that’s the position,” Mosho said.
Take a listen.
When asked why assets were going on auction when The Post shareholders were challenging the liquidation in court, Mosho said the auction sale had nothing to do with any court case.
“The sale that you called me earlier on has nothing to do with the court case. You see, the court case you are talking about started on 1st November last year, when the things that were seized by ZRA were seized earlier which was in July, so the things that were seized in July are the ones that will be sold, so it has nothing to do with the court case.”
Take a listen
About Stella Goma
Stella Goma is a Zambian journalist with a passion for a democratic society and transparency in governance.
Email: stella [at] diggers [dot] news
- Mosho confirms auction sale of Post assets - 5 Apr 2017
- There’s too much animosity between PF and UPND – HRC - 4 Apr 2017
- HH says Lungu is a clueless hyena - 4 Apr 2017
- Matale defends LAZ - 1 Feb 2017
- Dancing officer identified, to face tribunal - 30 Jan 2017
You may also like...
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend