- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Charles Mafa on 15 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Mosho confirms auction sale of Post assetsBy Stella Goma on 5 Apr 2017
Lusaka lawyer Lewis Mosho says Post Newspaper assets which were seized by the Zambia Revenue Authority are now going on sale.
Earlier today, News Diggers published a story, quoting an advert which originated from social media, detailing the assets which had been placed on auction sale, but readers expressed concern that the advert was fake.
When contacted to clarify, Mosho of Lewis Nathan and Advocates, who is provisional liquidator of Post Newspaper Ltd assets, said the information was true although the official advert had not yet been released.
“The advert is not officially out. It is true that an advert will start running soon for the sale of those assets but that advert is not officially published. So if you have seen an advert… what I mean is if I were you I wouldn’t refer to it because it is not official. But it is true that ZRA will be going ahead to sale all the assets that it seized last year in July because assets were seized before the company was put on liquidation; you get the point, and they do have the power to go ahead and sale anyway so they are selling those assets but before that they will be an advert which will start running in the next few days. So that’s the position,” Mosho said.
Take a listen.
When asked why assets were going on auction when The Post shareholders were challenging the liquidation in court, Mosho said the auction sale had nothing to do with any court case.
“The sale that you called me earlier on has nothing to do with the court case. You see, the court case you are talking about started on 1st November last year, when the things that were seized by ZRA were seized earlier which was in July, so the things that were seized in July are the ones that will be sold, so it has nothing to do with the court case.”
Take a listen
About Stella Goma
Stella Goma is a Zambian journalist with a passion for a democratic society and transparency in governance.
Email: stella [at] diggers [dot] news
- Mosho confirms auction sale of Post assets - 5 Apr 2017
- There’s too much animosity between PF and UPND – HRC - 4 Apr 2017
- HH says Lungu is a clueless hyena - 4 Apr 2017
- Matale defends LAZ - 1 Feb 2017
- Dancing officer identified, to face tribunal - 30 Jan 2017
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend