by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by By Tim Zulu and Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 4 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Mosho confirms auction sale of Post assetsBy Stella Goma on 5 Apr 2017
Lusaka lawyer Lewis Mosho says Post Newspaper assets which were seized by the Zambia Revenue Authority are now going on sale.
Earlier today, News Diggers published a story, quoting an advert which originated from social media, detailing the assets which had been placed on auction sale, but readers expressed concern that the advert was fake.
When contacted to clarify, Mosho of Lewis Nathan and Advocates, who is provisional liquidator of Post Newspaper Ltd assets, said the information was true although the official advert had not yet been released.
“The advert is not officially out. It is true that an advert will start running soon for the sale of those assets but that advert is not officially published. So if you have seen an advert… what I mean is if I were you I wouldn’t refer to it because it is not official. But it is true that ZRA will be going ahead to sale all the assets that it seized last year in July because assets were seized before the company was put on liquidation; you get the point, and they do have the power to go ahead and sale anyway so they are selling those assets but before that they will be an advert which will start running in the next few days. So that’s the position,” Mosho said.
Take a listen.
When asked why assets were going on auction when The Post shareholders were challenging the liquidation in court, Mosho said the auction sale had nothing to do with any court case.
“The sale that you called me earlier on has nothing to do with the court case. You see, the court case you are talking about started on 1st November last year, when the things that were seized by ZRA were seized earlier which was in July, so the things that were seized in July are the ones that will be sold, so it has nothing to do with the court case.”
Take a listen
About Stella Goma
Stella Goma has a passion for a democratic society and transparency in governance.
Email: stella [at] diggers [dot] news
- Sumaili explains her plan for Religious Ministry - 9 Apr 2017
- Mosho confirms auction sale of Post assets - 5 Apr 2017
- There’s too much animosity between PF and UPND – HRC - 4 Apr 2017
- HH says Lungu is a clueless hyena - 4 Apr 2017
- Matale defends LAZ - 1 Feb 2017
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,079 views)
- Kalaluka fights LAZ's subpoenas against himself, Lubinda (1,138 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,047 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,030 view)
- Don’t blame climate change but corruption for economic crisis - KBF (1,011 view)
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
- Police lied about Kaoma shooting, with impunity
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend