- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
HH says Lungu is a clueless hyenaBy Stella Goma on 4 Apr 2017
UPND president Hakainde Hichilema has described President Edgar Lungu as a clueless hyena.
And HH says Mumbu Phiri asked to take a picture with him in South Africa but she later got angry when it was circulated in Zambia.
Meanwhile, HH told journalists that he is in talks with US President Donald Trump and that once American Head of State settles down in office, he would turn his attention to “African dictators like President Lungu”.
Addressing a media briefing at his house yesterday, HH observed that President Lungu’s administration was the worst the country had ever seen.
“My fellow citizens do not fear. PF under Lungu has performed the worst in this country, the worst ever leadership, the worst whether you like it or not; I love it because it is so factual you can’t speculate. I can just give you a few facts that the economy has shrank from 7.5 per cent to less than 3 per cent. It’s a fact that today that you are likely to die when you go to UTH than three years ago, it’s a fact, and electricity today is more expensive than ever before proportionately. We are worse than what we were two, three years ago,” HH said.
“We have been lumbered with the worst guy, he’s clueless, this guy is clueless, take it from me. He is a clueless hyena. Write properly, I am calling him a clueless hyena. We can only take ourselves out of this mess. If he didn’t interfere with our processes, by now you would have seen some changes.”
And HH said Phiri asked to take a picture with him in South Africa but that she later got upset when the picture went viral.
“The meeting went very well…because of the type of the meeting, we were not allowed to divulge as some delegate tried to pull a fast one. You can see by the immaturity of that delegate. After asking for pictures and then she started sending pictures and people get to know what she was up to, then she turns on us and starts getting angry. It is immaturity,” he said.
HH also said he was not afraid of Kampyongo because he was too “small and weak”.
“Kampyongo is too small, he’s too weak, Kampyongo must go and change the Constitution first which grants us the right, the freedom he must go and do that, let’s see how he’s going to do it. My third point on Kampyongo is he is advised to look back from the list of former home affairs ministers and see where we are today, he will be worse than that, there were stronger home affairs ministers who were individually strong as human beings,” HH said.
“Kampyongo says we will not grant UPND a permit until they recognize Lungu. What Kampyongo can do is to accept that he is not the first home affairs minister and he will understand that he has limitations. When Kampyongo will be in problems, Lungu won’t be there for him, Lungu will be dancing at the ICC. There were Home Affairs ministers who were tougher than him but where are they today? You will find them at a corner with a local bun, alone.”
Meanwhile, HH said he was in talks with Trump who assured him that he would soon turn his attention to “African dictators” once he settled in office.
“We are talking to Trump and his people. I’m sure once he has settled down in America, he will start looking at dictators in Africa. Democrats are different from Republicans huh? Democrats are a bit soft, Republicans are tough. Remember George Bush? Very tough!” exclaimed HH.
About Stella Goma
Stella Goma has a passion for a democratic society and transparency in governance.
Email: stella [at] diggers [dot] news
- Sumaili explains her plan for Religious Ministry - 9 Apr 2017
- Mosho confirms auction sale of Post assets - 5 Apr 2017
- There’s too much animosity between PF and UPND – HRC - 4 Apr 2017
- HH says Lungu is a clueless hyena - 4 Apr 2017
- Matale defends LAZ - 1 Feb 2017
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,570 view)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (1,437 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,099 view)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (927 views)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (925 views)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend