by Abraham Kalito on 22 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 22 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018
by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
Nyirenda salutes Patson for lifting UEFA Youth CupBy Diggers Reporter on 26 Apr 2017
Chipolopolo coach Wedson Nyirenda has saluted striker Patson Daka for inspiring Austrian side Red Bull Salzburg to victory in the 2016/2017 UEFA Youth Cup final.
The Zambia Under-20 striker scored the equalizer in Salzburg’s 2-1 win over Benfica of Portugal in the final played on April 24 in Nyon, Switzerland.
Daka came on in the 55th minute to score a 72nd minute equalizer and four minutes later his team mate Alex Schmidt clinched the winner before Salzburg finished with ten men in stoppage time.
It was Daka’s second goal in as many games in the tournament after scoring in their 2-1 semifinal win over Barcelona on April 21.
“He has given a so-called underdog team the UEFA Trophy which is also a plus for Zambia,” Nyirenda said.
“He has lifted our flag so high, and I think he is still lifting it.”
The honour was Daka’s third in five months after winning the Cosafa U20 title last December in South Africa and the U20 AFCON crown as hosts in March.
“He has done it at the Cosafa Under-20 Cup, he has done it at the U20 AFCON and he is still about to do it at the coming FIFA U20 World Cup,” Nyirenda said.
Daka is part of Zambia’s 21-member team that will be taking part at the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup that South Korea will host from May 20 to June 11.
About Diggers Reporter
- Printing ballots locally is about sovereignty, national security – PF - 22 Mar 2018
- HH is a contraceptive for unity, dialogue – Nakacinda - 22 Mar 2018
- Kafue residents rise as govt turns ‘3 million’ hectares of land to commercial - 21 Mar 2018
- It’s unfair to mislead Zambians that all is well – Mweetwa - 19 Mar 2018
- Chasaya elected African Public Services Commission president - 16 Mar 2018
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- Judge Musona finally views 'missing' Munali violence video
- Police release Kambwili, order him to report at Woodlands station tomorrow
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu's trips
- Our ethics demand that we respect Mr Chanda’s reaction
- HPCZ drags Lafarge to court for operating illegal clinic, dispensing expired drugs
- Speaker orders Kambwili to apologise for ‘maligning’ Kampyongo, Grandview
- Investigative journalism key to development – Foote
- Increase tax on beer instead of making people pay borehole tax – Mwashingwele
- UZi will enhance competition, lower cost of mobile services – CCPC
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend