by Abraham Kalito on 18 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Jul 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Jul 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 17 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 16 Jul 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Jul 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Jul 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Percy Chanda, UPND on 15 Jun 2018by Elias Munshya on 11 Jun 2018by Akashambatwa Mbikusita-Lewanika on 31 May 2018by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 May 2018
by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Jul 2018by Chense Chola on 7 Jul 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jun 2018by Felix Kashweka on 30 May 2018
- Guest Diggers
by Sampa Kabwela on 14 Jul 2018by Chibamba Kanyama on 9 Jul 2018by Netsanet Belay - Amnesty International on 25 Jun 2018by Kalaki on 24 Jun 2018
Nkana, Zesco draw in CB derbyBy Diggers Reporter on 1 May 2017
Nkana came from two-down to draw 2-2 with Zesco at home in their big Copperbelt derby played at Nkana Stadium in Kitwe.
The result saw Nkana restore bragging rights over Zesco in the league where they are unbeaten in now two league meetings since defeating the Ndola club 3-2 away last November.
Nkana also ended Zesco’s 100 percent start to the 2017 FAZ Super Division season and somewhat avenged their 2-0 loss on April 2 in the 2017 Charity Shield final.
Zesco took the lead against the run of play through a Jesse Were penalty in the 4th minute.
Dave Daka added Zesco’s second in the 21st minute with a fine shot from an acute angle in the 20th minute.
However, Ronald Kampamba put Nkana back in the match when he chipped the ball over Zesco goalkeeper Jacob Banda in the 32nd minute to see the sides go 2-1 into the break.
Nkana denied Zesco the three points in the 80th minute when Ronald Chibwe slipped past Ben Adama after receiving a fine pass from Jacob Ngulube to see the two sides finish 2-2 in a riveting Copperbelt derby.
Zesco however return to top spot despite the draw tied on 10 points with Lumwana Radiants whom they relegated to second place on goal difference.
About Diggers Reporter
- We are under pressure as champions – U17 coach - 16 Jul 2018
- Casinos: A platform for cleaning dubious money in Zambia - 7 Jul 2018
- Don’t drag me into Black Mountain politics – Lungu - 28 Jun 2018
- Ban TV, radio stations that don’t cover President well, Nundwe tells IBA - 15 Jun 2018
- What’s the emergency of Lungu’s trip to Kenya that he had to abandon the mourning of his Cabinet Minister? - 15 Jun 2018
- Police record 487 deaths from 7,713 road accidents in 3 months
- Improved e-voucher system will benefit farmers – Katambo
- Kalaba wonders why “custom-made” fire tenders couldn’t stop COMESA fire
- PF promised Zambians heaven, but delivered hell – Kakoma
- Kapwepwe becomes new COMESA SG, as Lungu demands equity from block
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend