by Julia Malunga on 16 Oct 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 16 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 16 Oct 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Oct 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Nkana, Zesco draw in CB derbyBy Diggers Reporter on 1 May 2017
Nkana came from two-down to draw 2-2 with Zesco at home in their big Copperbelt derby played at Nkana Stadium in Kitwe.
The result saw Nkana restore bragging rights over Zesco in the league where they are unbeaten in now two league meetings since defeating the Ndola club 3-2 away last November.
Nkana also ended Zesco’s 100 percent start to the 2017 FAZ Super Division season and somewhat avenged their 2-0 loss on April 2 in the 2017 Charity Shield final.
Zesco took the lead against the run of play through a Jesse Were penalty in the 4th minute.
Dave Daka added Zesco’s second in the 21st minute with a fine shot from an acute angle in the 20th minute.
However, Ronald Kampamba put Nkana back in the match when he chipped the ball over Zesco goalkeeper Jacob Banda in the 32nd minute to see the sides go 2-1 into the break.
Nkana denied Zesco the three points in the 80th minute when Ronald Chibwe slipped past Ben Adama after receiving a fine pass from Jacob Ngulube to see the two sides finish 2-2 in a riveting Copperbelt derby.
Zesco however return to top spot despite the draw tied on 10 points with Lumwana Radiants whom they relegated to second place on goal difference.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Byta FM partners with govt to fight climate change - 15 Oct 2019
- Criminal kills CBU lecturer, rapes Kalulushi student - 5 Oct 2019
- Screening reveals increased lung infection among miners – Musukwa - 20 Sep 2019
- 4 Zambian trucks hijacked in SA - 15 Sep 2019
- Robert Mugabe dies aged 95 - 6 Sep 2019
- Murder trial for Benny Zulu starts (4,042 views)
- 2 burn to death in Luanshya road accident (3,341 views)
- AVIC, RDA toll plaza deal was a rip off, evidence is coming (2,311 views)
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba's legitimacy in court (2,213 views)
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,027 views)
- I’m Lungu’s strongman, that’s why enemies target me with corruption tag – Chitotela
- 2 burn to death in Luanshya road accident
- We’re ready to meet UPND in court over its gay rights agenda – Sunday
- Lungu’s failure to protect Sesheke cops worsening violence – Andyford
- Former ministers must do the right thing, pay back – Sumaili
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Murder trial for Benny Zulu starts
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend