- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
U20 beat Spanish side 3-0, excites coach ChambeshiBy Diggers Reporter on 11 May 2017
Zambia Under-20 coach Beston Chambeshi is delighted to have kicked off his Spain training camp with a friendly win.
The U20 AFCON champions beat Spanish lower tier side CD Tenerife 3-0 on Wednesday afternoon in their first warm-up match since arriving in Europe last Saturday.
Zambia have set up a two-week training camp in Spain en route to South Korea for the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup that will run from May 20 to June 11.
Enock Mwepu put Zambia ahead in the 50th minute, Fashion Sakala came off the bench to add the second in the 61st minute before Conlyde Luchanga rounded-up the match in the 81st minute.
Chambeshi especially singled out Luchanga for finally showing his worth following his poor showing at the U20 AFCON where he spent most of the time on the bench.
“The boys have put up a good fight I am happy with Luchanga and the way he has come out now. He has added value to the team and Fashion Sakala came on as a second substitute and put in a lot of effort and scored a goal,” Chambeshi said.
Sakala’s goal came just 24 hours after he joined the team in Spain from his Russian club Spartak Moscow.
“It is just the first game since we came after we have been doing a lot of physical training but we expected a start like this but we will improve when we settle,” Chambeshi said.
About Diggers Reporter
- Court orders commencement of trial against UPND members accused of obstructing police - 22 Aug 2017
- Safari company sues state for $734,434 compensation - 22 Aug 2017
- Farm sues State for criminal trespass - 22 Aug 2017
- Chipolopolo fear player departures after CHAN qualification - 21 Aug 2017
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC - 20 Aug 2017
- Coach promotes Fashion Sakala, 6 other U-20 stars to senior team
- Mopani announces planned retrenchment of 4,700 workers: We are left with no option
- PF wants Kambwili’s expulsion case dismissed
- Tujilijili drinking competition leaves winner dead
- PF warns Mopani against sending miners on forced leave: Don’t take Zambians for granted
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend