- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Patson Daka joins Zambia U20 camp in SpainBy Diggers Reporter on 15 May 2017
Patson Daka is promising to give his best for the team following his arrival in the Zambia Under-20 camp in Spain.
Patson joined the African champions on Saturday from his Austria base at FC Liefering just three days before Zambia wraps-up its fortnight training camp on the Canary Islands.
The striker’s arrival completes Beston Chambeshi’s 21-member team to represent Zambia at the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup that will run from May 20 to June 11 in South Korea.
“It feels very great to be back with the team because I have been away for quite sometime,” Patson said.
This is the first time Patson has linked up with his team mates since winning the 2017 U20 AFCON as hosts when they beat Senegal 2-0 on March 12 in Lusaka.
Patson missed Zambia’s trip to South Korea due to club commitments in late March for the four-time invitational tournament where they finished second behind the hosts..
“I have to adopt quickly because they have been playing and training together for a long time,” Patson said.
“It is different now because I don’t know at what level they are right now.”
Patson has however, had a memorable last two months for his club whose highlight was lifting the 2016/2017 UEFA Youth Cup where he scored a goal each in the 2-1 semifinal victory over Barcelona and by the same margin in final win over Benfica of Portugal.
“My levels have changed a bit I know that they are a lot of expectations from me as well as I am also expecting a lot from myself,” the striker said who also finished as joint top scorer at the U20 AFCON on four goals.
Zambia leave Spain for Jeju where they will be based in Group C on May 17.
Portugal,Iran and Costa Rica are Zambia’s Group C opponents.
Zambia kicks off its World Cup campaign on May 21 against two-time World champions Portugal.
About Diggers Reporter
- Mboozi’s absence from court forces magistrate to consider acquitting Nchima Nchito - 20 Nov 2017
- Magistrate commits Precious’ lover to the High Court - 20 Nov 2017
- Lungu to attend SADC meeting on Zim crisis - 20 Nov 2017
- Mumba Yachi’s stay in Zambia poses a danger to society – Immigration - 15 Nov 2017
- Chibamba clarifies his “offshore” remarks quoted by Lusaka Times - 15 Nov 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend