- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Patson Daka joins Zambia U20 camp in SpainBy Diggers Reporter on 15 May 2017
Patson Daka is promising to give his best for the team following his arrival in the Zambia Under-20 camp in Spain.
Patson joined the African champions on Saturday from his Austria base at FC Liefering just three days before Zambia wraps-up its fortnight training camp on the Canary Islands.
The striker’s arrival completes Beston Chambeshi’s 21-member team to represent Zambia at the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup that will run from May 20 to June 11 in South Korea.
“It feels very great to be back with the team because I have been away for quite sometime,” Patson said.
This is the first time Patson has linked up with his team mates since winning the 2017 U20 AFCON as hosts when they beat Senegal 2-0 on March 12 in Lusaka.
Patson missed Zambia’s trip to South Korea due to club commitments in late March for the four-time invitational tournament where they finished second behind the hosts..
“I have to adopt quickly because they have been playing and training together for a long time,” Patson said.
“It is different now because I don’t know at what level they are right now.”
Patson has however, had a memorable last two months for his club whose highlight was lifting the 2016/2017 UEFA Youth Cup where he scored a goal each in the 2-1 semifinal victory over Barcelona and by the same margin in final win over Benfica of Portugal.
“My levels have changed a bit I know that they are a lot of expectations from me as well as I am also expecting a lot from myself,” the striker said who also finished as joint top scorer at the U20 AFCON on four goals.
Zambia leave Spain for Jeju where they will be based in Group C on May 17.
Portugal,Iran and Costa Rica are Zambia’s Group C opponents.
Zambia kicks off its World Cup campaign on May 21 against two-time World champions Portugal.
About Diggers Reporter
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC - 20 Aug 2017
- Resolve differences around Zambia-Canada Foreign and Investment Promotion Agreement - 20 Aug 2017
- Is Wedson quitting Chipolopolo? - 19 Aug 2017
- Bafana will fall, Shonga - 18 Aug 2017
- Lusaka Pastor gets 8yrs for defrauding residents - 18 Aug 2017
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC
- Resolve differences around Zambia-Canada Foreign and Investment Promotion Agreement
- Tribute to the 5 ‘co-abused’
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend