- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Zanaco triumph over WydadBy Diggers Reporter on 25 May 2017
Zanaco on Wednesday capped their first 2017 CAF Champions League Group D home game with a win after shocking Wydad Casablanca of Morocco 1-0 at National Heroes Stadium in Lusaka.
The Bankers have 4 points from two games played after opening their group stage campaign on May 13 with a 0-0 away draw against record 8-time champions Al Ahly of Egypt in Alexandria.
Zanaco’s lone goal against the 1992 African champions came in the first half through Ernest Mbewe who finished off a pass from Kwame Attram In the 12th minute.
Wydad meanwhile piled the pressure on a cautious Zanaco in this match.
Zanaco goalkeeper Toaster Nsabata was a busy man at Heroes and pulled off three great saves in the 20th, 32nd and 65th minutes to deny the lively Mohammed Ounnajem.
Meanwhile, Zanaco are tied 4 points with leaders Al Ahly of Egypt who lead on goal difference.
Al Ahly took top spot on Tuesday after they beat Cotonsport 2-0 away in Cameroon who are last on zero points after two rounds of matches played in Group D .
Wydad drop from 1st to 3rd after the loss on 3 points.
Zanaco next host Cotonsport on June 3 in Lusaka while Al Ahly await Wydad in Cairo for their big North African derby on June 4.
About Diggers Reporter
- Msiska invites citizens to military Independence fireworks display - 22 Oct 2017
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend