- by Joseph Mwenya in Kabwe on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Dec 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 7 Dec 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 7 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 5 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Reporter on 4 Dec 2017by Laura Miti on 24 Nov 2017by The Washington Post on 16 Nov 2017by Times of Zambia employees on 15 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenya on 28 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Zambia returns to action against Bafana BafanaBy Diggers Reporter on 13 Jun 2017
Zambia return action on Tuesday when they face Bafana Bafana in a friendly away in South Africa.
The match to be played at Moruleng Stadium near Rustenburg, is the last of three games Zambia is playing during the FIFA International Match Week in June whose highlight came on June 10 when they lost 1-0 Mozambique in their 2019 AFCON Group K opener in Ndola.
But coach Wedson Nyirenda will not feature any of his foreign-based players or key home-based regulars due to technical and administrative reasons.
Ten players from Zanaco and Zesvo united have been excused to prepare for their 2017 CAF Champions League and CAF Confederation Cup group stage trips to Cameroon and Angola respectively.
“The team that played in Gabon and the locals from the Mozambique game,who will form the Cosafa Cup and the CHAN team’s, are the only players we will use for this friendly,” Nyirenda said.
But only one player who featured against Mozambique will play on Tuesday at Moruleng in the form of Power Dynamos striker Fwayo Tembo.
Meanwhile, Nyirenda will be hoping his home-based team can end a forgettable international match week on a good note after starting with a 0-0 away draw against Gabon in the June 4 friendly before that home defeat against Mozambique.
Nyirenda is also seeking his first win this year following a 0-0 away draw against Zimbabwe in a friendly played in Harare in March.
GOALKEEPERS: Allan Chibwe (Power Dynamos), Charles Mweemba (Lumwana Radiants)
DEFENDERS:Isaac Shamujompa (Nchanga Rangers), Billy Mutale, Lawrence Chungu (both Power Dynamos),Webster Mushili (Red Arrows), Mwamba Alex (NAPSA Stars), Donashano Malama (Nkana), Jubel Sakala, Eric Chomba (both Nkwazi)
MIDFIELDERS:Stanley Nshimbi (Red Arrows), Nsofwa Mwansa (Lusaka Dynamos), Sikombe Collins(NAPSA Stars), Godfrey Ngwenya, Fwayo Tembo (both Power Dynamos), Mwila Phiri (Green Eagles), Paul Katema (Red Arrows)
STRIKERS:Mundia Lubinda (Red Arrows), Ronald Kampamba (Nkana), Justin Shonga (Nkwazi), Brian Mwila (Green Buffaloes)
About Diggers Reporter
- Minister drops Solwezi General hospital management - 10 Dec 2017
- Doctor in court for failing to pay for 7 suits - 8 Dec 2017
- The lion sculpture was photo shopped – Ndola Council - 8 Dec 2017
- Our boss told us the cannabis lab was a prayer room – Witness - 8 Dec 2017
- Zambian Breweries explains why it donated breathalysers to RTSA - 7 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend