- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Aug 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Zambia returns to action against Bafana BafanaBy Diggers Reporter on 13 Jun 2017
Zambia return action on Tuesday when they face Bafana Bafana in a friendly away in South Africa.
The match to be played at Moruleng Stadium near Rustenburg, is the last of three games Zambia is playing during the FIFA International Match Week in June whose highlight came on June 10 when they lost 1-0 Mozambique in their 2019 AFCON Group K opener in Ndola.
But coach Wedson Nyirenda will not feature any of his foreign-based players or key home-based regulars due to technical and administrative reasons.
Ten players from Zanaco and Zesvo united have been excused to prepare for their 2017 CAF Champions League and CAF Confederation Cup group stage trips to Cameroon and Angola respectively.
“The team that played in Gabon and the locals from the Mozambique game,who will form the Cosafa Cup and the CHAN team’s, are the only players we will use for this friendly,” Nyirenda said.
But only one player who featured against Mozambique will play on Tuesday at Moruleng in the form of Power Dynamos striker Fwayo Tembo.
Meanwhile, Nyirenda will be hoping his home-based team can end a forgettable international match week on a good note after starting with a 0-0 away draw against Gabon in the June 4 friendly before that home defeat against Mozambique.
Nyirenda is also seeking his first win this year following a 0-0 away draw against Zimbabwe in a friendly played in Harare in March.
GOALKEEPERS: Allan Chibwe (Power Dynamos), Charles Mweemba (Lumwana Radiants)
DEFENDERS:Isaac Shamujompa (Nchanga Rangers), Billy Mutale, Lawrence Chungu (both Power Dynamos),Webster Mushili (Red Arrows), Mwamba Alex (NAPSA Stars), Donashano Malama (Nkana), Jubel Sakala, Eric Chomba (both Nkwazi)
MIDFIELDERS:Stanley Nshimbi (Red Arrows), Nsofwa Mwansa (Lusaka Dynamos), Sikombe Collins(NAPSA Stars), Godfrey Ngwenya, Fwayo Tembo (both Power Dynamos), Mwila Phiri (Green Eagles), Paul Katema (Red Arrows)
STRIKERS:Mundia Lubinda (Red Arrows), Ronald Kampamba (Nkana), Justin Shonga (Nkwazi), Brian Mwila (Green Buffaloes)
About Diggers Reporter
- Chipolopolo coach forgives Fwayo, Chama but not Kalaba - 23 Aug 2017
- Shaka Ssali in to discuss democracy in Zambia - 23 Aug 2017
- Mopani’s threats to prune 4,700 miners is an insult to government, Zambians – Sinkamba - 23 Aug 2017
- Court orders commencement of trial against UPND members accused of obstructing police - 22 Aug 2017
- Safari company sues state for $734,434 compensation - 22 Aug 2017
- Lungu would have pardoned HH if court convicted him, says Kampamba Mulenga
- Mopani announces planned retrenchment of 4,700 workers: We are left with no option
- Tujilijili drinking competition leaves winner dead
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Former Chipata mayor commits suicide
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend