- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Oct 2017by Linda Jere on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017by Osward Sichone in Kafue on 21 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Nyirenda drops Clatous ChamaBy Diggers Reporter on 31 Jul 2017
Zambia coach Wedson Nyirenda has axed Lusaka Dynamos midfielder Clatous Chama from this 2018 CHAN qualifiers team that enters camp on Tuesday in Lusaka to prepare for this weekends friendly against Ethiopia.
Chama was dropped after storming off the field on July 22 following his substitution in the 37th minute of Zambia’s 3-0 home win over Swaziland in Lusaka that saw the team advance to the CHAN final qualifying round 7-0 aggregate.
Also omitted from the team that faced Swaziland are Zanaco defender Taonga Bwembya and Zesco United midfielder Dave Daka.
Nyirenda has however, recalled Mike Katiba of Green Buffaloes.
The midfielder missed the two-legged tie against Swaziland after sustaining a head injury in Zambia’s 3-1 loss to Zimbabwe on July 9 in the 2017 COSAFA Cup final played in Rustenburg, South Africa.
Meanwhile, Zambia will hosts Ethiopia on August 5 at Woodlands Stadium in Lusaka in a friendly ahead of their August 12, CHAN qualifiers final round, first leg away date against Bafana Bafana.
Zambia will host Bafana in the final leg decider on August 19 at the National Heroes Stadium in Lusaka to decide who goes through to next January’s tournament to be hosted in Kenya.
GOALKEEPERS: Toaster Nsabata (Zanaco), Kelvin Malunga (Nkana), Allan Chibwe (Power Dynamos)
DEFENDERS:Donashano Malama, Moses Nyondo(both Nkana), Isaac Shamujompa (Power Dynamos),Simon Silwimba, Fackson Kapumbu (both Zesco United), Webster Mulenga (Red Arrows), Adrian Chama (Green Buffaloes)
MIDFIELDERS:Boston Muchindu (Nkana), Kondwani Mtonga,John Chingandu (both Zesco United), Godfrey Ngwenya (Power Dynamos),Jack Chirwa, Mike Katiba (both Green Buffaloes), Collins Sikombe (Napsa Stars)
STRIKERS: Lubinda Mundia (Red Arrows), Brian Mwila (Green Buffaloes), Augustine Mulenga (Zanaco), Justin Shonga (Nkwazi), Martin Phiri (Power Dynamos)
About Diggers Reporter
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- Lusaka woman denies stealing baby - 18 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- We are not a university for the poor - UNZA
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi's jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend