- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Oct 2017by Patricia Mbewe and Anastasia Kasongo on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 23 Oct 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017
Zambia has a bright future in football – LunguBy Diggers Reporter on 31 Jul 2017
President Edgar Lungu says the ultimate victory of the Zambia Under-17 national team over Mauritius in the just ended COSAFA championship is a clear indication that the country has a bright future in football.
In a congratulatory message issued today by the President’s Special Assistant for Press and Public relations Amos Chanda, the Head of State noted that the country had an oasis of talent to enable it form a powerful future senior national team.
“The marvelous performance by the boys shows that we have an oasis of talent to tap into for us to form the future senior national team. The Under-17 has made us proud and it is my prayer that they will be consistent in their performance to bring greater glory to the nation,” the President said.
President Lungu hailed the Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) and the junior Chipolopolo Coach Mumamba Numba for their tireless efforts to advance the standards of football in the country.
“On behalf of the Zambian government, the people of Zambia and indeed on my own behalf, I extend my congratulations to the boys, Coach, technical team and FAZ. Continue to work hard to transform the standards of football in Zambia. May the Almighty God bless you in future assignments, said President Lungu.
The Zambia Under-17 national team emerged the COSAFA champions after beating host Mauritius 3-0 in yesterday’s game played at St Francois Xavier Stadium in Port Louis, Mauritius.
About Diggers Reporter
- Msiska invites citizens to military Independence fireworks display - 22 Oct 2017
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend