- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
IT’S OUR TIME: My players believe we can beat Nigeria – WadaBy Joseph Mwenda on 27 Sep 2017
Chipolopolo coach Wedson Nyirenda says next months away showdown against Nigeria will be more of a pyschological game than a tactical duel.
“This will be a highly pyschological game. We are working on the players mental strength,” Nyirenda journalists from the local selection’s training camp.
“I think my players and the bench believe this is our time. God can only show you the fish but it is up to you to fish it.”
Leaders Nigeria hosts 2nd placed Zambia in their penultimate 2018 FIFA World Cup Group B qualifier on October 7 in Uyo.
Three points separate the top two sides who are now the only sides still in contention from Group B for the Moscow finals.
Zambia have 7 points while Nigeria have 10 points.
Cameroon are 3rd on 3 points and Algeria last on one point.
After losing one and drawing another from the opening games against Nigeria and Cameroon, Zambia woke up from slumber to punish Algeria with two successive defeats at home and away.
It is the under-20 youngsters who jazzed up the senior team with goals from Enock Mwepu and Patson Daka adding up to the Brian Mwila brace from the two encounters.
Zambia has never qualified to the World Cup, and the technical bench sees this as opportunity to make a debut appearance at the Russia 2018 meet.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph is experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu’s full address: Zambia records 12 COVID-19 cases as lock down looms - 25 Mar 2020
- Govt failing to target resources to key sectors for economic growth – Saasa - 10 Feb 2020
- High Court refuses to stay defamation proceedings against Fresher Siwale - 11 Nov 2019
- Lungu fires new FIC board chair Siame - 11 Sep 2019
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe - 11 Sep 2019
- It’s inhuman for Chanda to undermine HH’s donation of soap, sanitisers – UPND (3,228 views)
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects? (2,710 views)
- UPND blames Nangula loss on COVID-19 (2,268 views)
- Kampyongo's mockery of people on ARVs unacceptable - NAC (2,148 views)
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya (1,642 view)
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us?
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects?
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu
- Introduce SI to stop landlords from collecting rentals, Changala urges govt
- Why whip patrons if there's no lockdown?
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- It’s illegal for police to whip citizens – Mweetwa
- UNZA owes ZRA, others K2.8bn, as audit reveals mismanagement of funds
- PF’s Nangula victory a 2021 sample – Mundubile
- Tutwa refutes UPND’s Bill 10 bribery claims
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya
- Govt, FRA’s deal with millers failed to cut mealie meal prices – IAPRI
- Habitat urges govt to improve living conditions in unplanned settlements
- SACCORD hails PF, UPND for peaceful Nangula poll
- ZRA’s tax audit on media houses within its mandate but wrongly timed – MISA
- Kamusoko, Mangani on path to recovery
- Govt must carry out robust awareness campaign against COVID-19 – CSPR
- Siwale welcomes FIFA’s intervention in FAZ wrangles
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
[search_popup]Send this to a friend