by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
US Embassy give $55,000 grant to 6 Zambian communitiesBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
The U.S Embassy to Zambia has awarded $55,000 to six Zambian community-based organisations through its Community Investment small grant program.
Embassy Public Affairs Officer Janet Deutsch told News Diggers in a statement that the grants will expand economic opportunities and improve the standard of living in communities in four provinces of Zambia.
And speaking at the signing ceremony, outgoing US Ambassador to Zambia Eric Schultz stated that the Embassy was proud to provide such modest, but meaningful funding opportunities to dedicated organisations seeking their own solutions to economic shortcomings within their communities.
Ambassador Schultz also recognised the commitment and leadership of the grantee organisations working to improve the lives of community members through sustainable projects that also bolster food security and sustainable development locally.
“The U.S. government delivers financial support directly to Zambian organisations with sustainable, innovative ideas to serve traditionally underserved areas or populations. Grants awarded today will assist Action for Positive Change in the Chipata district to begin a bee-keeping operation for area youth; fund the Cheshire Homes Society-Kabulonga building renovation project for a mother – child recovery facility for children visiting Lusaka for medical care; establish a community-managed egg laying business through the Mulobelwa Multi-purpose Cooperative Society in Kaputa; and begin two groundnuts processing projects with the Natwesheko Multipurpose Cooperative Society in Mansa and with Participatory Education and Action for Community Empowerment in Luwingu,” the statement read.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Govt insists on power tariff hike - 16 Sep 2019
- Lungu has proved commitment to GBV fight by sacking Siame – ActionAid - 15 Sep 2019
- Zambia’s power deficit reaches 700MW, reveals energy minister - 15 Sep 2019
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it – Lungu - 14 Sep 2019
- Allow us to donate relief food where there’s need than giving DMMU – UPND - 13 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (4,841 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,253 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (1,632 view)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (1,545 view)
- How will judges rule on Bill 10 after submitting to Parley? (1,290 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend