- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Sep 2017by Citizen journalist on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 26 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Lungu cancels Egypt tripBy Mirriam Chabala on 12 Dec 2016
PRESIDENT Edgar Lungu has postponed his trip to Egypt amidst widespread criticism of his frequent travels abroad.
The Head of State was expected to fly to Cairo for a three-day state visit tomorrow, December 13, 2016, but Minister of Foreign Affairs Harry Kalaba said the trip had been postponed due to “unforeseen circumstances”.
This was according to a statement released by Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Dorcas Chileshe.
“Hon Kalaba further wishes to announce that the King of Morocco, His Majesty King Mohammed VI who was scheduled to visit Zambia on 17th December on a two-day State visit will not travel to Zambia but sometime next year. Ministry of Foreign Affairs will work round the clock to ensure that President Lungu meets the two Heads of State in the coming year,” stated Chileshe.
The Head of State has made seven international trips since his re-election in August.
In November alone, President Lungu went to Morocco, Equatorial Guinea and Tanzania.
He later went for a three day state visit to South Africa.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Protests at Parliament will go ahead on Friday, with or without police permit – Miti - 26 Sep 2017
- Let Laura, others wait for police response on their planned demos – Katongo - 26 Sep 2017
- Dialogue with Lungu will adress police brutality, Constitution lacunas – UPND - 26 Sep 2017
- Money laundering compromising social security – Msiska - 25 Sep 2017
- LCC nabs 9 for discharging effluent in drainage - 25 Sep 2017
- Kalaba hails Millennium Challenge Account, USAID to Zambia
- Protests at Parliament will go ahead on Friday, with or without police permit – Miti
- Riots in Ndola after high speed police chase kills vendor
- Parliament should be able to detect, stop abuse of public resources – Speaker
- Political Parties Bill is evil – ZCSD
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend