- by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 21 Jul 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 21 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 18 Jul 2017by Charles Mafa on 13 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 13 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
Lungu cancels Egypt tripBy Mirriam Chabala on 12 Dec 2016
PRESIDENT Edgar Lungu has postponed his trip to Egypt amidst widespread criticism of his frequent travels abroad.
The Head of State was expected to fly to Cairo for a three-day state visit tomorrow, December 13, 2016, but Minister of Foreign Affairs Harry Kalaba said the trip had been postponed due to “unforeseen circumstances”.
This was according to a statement released by Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Dorcas Chileshe.
“Hon Kalaba further wishes to announce that the King of Morocco, His Majesty King Mohammed VI who was scheduled to visit Zambia on 17th December on a two-day State visit will not travel to Zambia but sometime next year. Ministry of Foreign Affairs will work round the clock to ensure that President Lungu meets the two Heads of State in the coming year,” stated Chileshe.
The Head of State has made seven international trips since his re-election in August.
In November alone, President Lungu went to Morocco, Equatorial Guinea and Tanzania.
He later went for a three day state visit to South Africa.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- LAZ doesn’t have to be in love with govt – Wynter - 21 Jul 2017
- DEC arrests 2 Solwezi residents for stealing K117,185 - 20 Jul 2017
- Kampyongo mocks Kabimba for questioning Lungu’s decisions: “Ka Wynter finshi ukwete?” - 20 Jul 2017
- LAZ statement most ridiculous since invocation of Article 31 – Sunday - 20 Jul 2017
- No law empowers police to regulate media – ADD - 19 Jul 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend