- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Lungu cancels Egypt tripBy Mirriam Chabala on 12 Dec 2016
PRESIDENT Edgar Lungu has postponed his trip to Egypt amidst widespread criticism of his frequent travels abroad.
The Head of State was expected to fly to Cairo for a three-day state visit tomorrow, December 13, 2016, but Minister of Foreign Affairs Harry Kalaba said the trip had been postponed due to “unforeseen circumstances”.
This was according to a statement released by Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Dorcas Chileshe.
“Hon Kalaba further wishes to announce that the King of Morocco, His Majesty King Mohammed VI who was scheduled to visit Zambia on 17th December on a two-day State visit will not travel to Zambia but sometime next year. Ministry of Foreign Affairs will work round the clock to ensure that President Lungu meets the two Heads of State in the coming year,” stated Chileshe.
The Head of State has made seven international trips since his re-election in August.
In November alone, President Lungu went to Morocco, Equatorial Guinea and Tanzania.
He later went for a three day state visit to South Africa.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- World Bank approves $26.5m loan for REA - 20 Nov 2017
- Ministry of Health nods nullification of GNC exams - 20 Nov 2017
- Mismanagement of national resources exacerbating inequality – Oxfam - 20 Nov 2017
- All dictators eventually go – Milupi - 19 Nov 2017
- We would like to see action on Auditor General’s report – Swedish Envoy - 18 Nov 2017
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
- All dictators eventually go – Milupi
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend