by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Awkward: Namibian leader complains to Lungu over Dora’s conductBy Joseph Mwenda on 9 Jan 2017
NAMIBIAN President Hage Geingob has complained to President Edgar Lungu about the story involving agriculture minister Dora Siliya and his daughter’s Ex-husband Mark Ode Mubalama.
According to ministry of Foreign affairs sources, President Geingob called his Zambian counterpart over the weekend and expressed concern that the story was steering his family into disrepute. The source said President Geingob hoped that his Zambian counterpart would understand the negative effect which the social-media-viral story had on both countries. “We understand that President Lungu assured President Geingob that he would have a chat with Siliya and expressed ignorance about her private life. The problem is that the Honourable [minister Harry Kalaba] is worried about this whole matter. He doesn’t know how it will end and if it may affect the diplomatic relations of the two countries. But the two Presidents talked about it pa weekend,” said the source.
Siliya is in the US with the Congolese businessman who recently married into the Namibian First Family, and the two have confirmed that they are enjoying a festive holiday. Mubalama claimed that he was no longer married to the Namibian President’s daughter, adding that they had irreconcilable differences a year after their colourful wedding. He said his heart was now with Siliya and he wanted to marry her.
When contacted, Siliya said Mubalama’s explanation was true and that she shared the same feelings with him. She said she could not say much about it but confirmed that the two were together. “You can also quote what Mark has told you, that is the truth. We are together and that’s all I can say,” Siliya said.
When asked why she was not in the country to face the army worms which may affect the 2017 harvest season, Siliya said she was on annual leave.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph is experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu fires new FIC board chair Siame - 11 Sep 2019
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe - 11 Sep 2019
- Lungu must address debt, loadshedding, mealie meal prices in Parley address – CSPR - 10 Sep 2019
- Don’t ask for credit, find who owns 48 houses, APNAC challenges ACC - 9 Sep 2019
- Van Blerk loses appeal over Baobab land - 2 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (4,796 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,230 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (1,606 view)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (1,521 view)
- How will judges rule on Bill 10 after submitting to Parley? (1,280 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend