- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
African leaders should push for ICC reforms – MumbaBy Tenson Mkhala on 24 Feb 2017
MMD leader Nevers Mumba says African Heads of State must push for ICC reforms because they will be misunderstood if they exit abruptly.
And Mumba says President Edgar Lungu must order investigations into the maizegate scandal.
Speaking during a Radio Christian Voice’s Chatback program today, Mumba, who is also vice chairperson for opposition political parties in the southern region, urged African leaders to push for reforms in the ICC before deciding to exit.
“I just want to say that the African presidents and leaders must first push for reforms in the ICC. Sts one unitary force to say that if there are going to have any judgment at the ICC, there must be across the board and fair to all presidents of the world and not just against Africans,” Mumba said.
“If they resist the proposed reforms, then Africa can think of pulling down because none of us wants our leaders to be the only victims. However, if we pull out right now, we are going to be seen that we want to continue to perpetuate the abuse of our people and mistreatment of our people and therefore, it will be totally misunderstood.”
And Mumba urged President Lungu to order investigations into the maizegate scandal.
“Are you democratic enough to show the Zambian people that you are fighting corruption? This is the challenge that I bring before this government…We need an audit on the maize gate [scandal] of Malawi. And I just want to say this, am saying this to the President to PF. Can you please do an audit? Tell the Zambian people whether, anyone in Zambia is implicated. And if any is implicated, are you brave enough to do what Malawi did?” Mumba asked.
He also said Zambians should not complain for the hardships which they were currently undergoing because they were paying for voting in “bad leaders”.
“You cannot ask somebody who is not trained to operate on your body just because he looks handsome or he has more money than others to work on your body because he is going to kill you. This is what is happening now in this country, we have sown bad leadership,” said Mumba.Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- PF to remove Financial Intelligence boss
- ‘Wife’ sues Muvi TV owner over matrimonial house
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- Court refuses to resolve UNIP leadership wrangles
- PF will waste millions in compensation over illegally terminated contracts – TIZ
- Police place bounty on killers of Chinese national
- $25m ADB loan to building society will push national housing agenda – ZUFIAW
- The court’s ruling was very clear, ex-ministers must pay – Kampamba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend