- by Joseph Mwenda on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
Zambia takes up leadership at AU Center for Diseases ControlBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Mar 2017
Zambia has been elected as Vice Chairperson of the Advisory and Technical Council of the Africa Centre for Diseases Control (CDC).
This is according to a statement issued by Zambia’s first secretary to the African Union Naomi Nyawali.
“Zambia’s Director of the National Public Health Institute, Victor Mukonkha, has since been elected as Vice Chairperson of the Advisory and Technical Council. Dr Mukonkha was unanimously elected by all the five technical teams of the collaborative regional centers of the Africa Centre for Diseases Control (CDC) during the second Meeting of the Governing Board held in Addis Ababa. On the 20th of March 2017,” Nyawali stated.
“Health Minister, Hon Chitalu Chilufya, confirmed this on the sidelines of the on-going second Meeting of the Governing Board of the Africa Center for Disease Control and Prevention, being held at the African Union buildings in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. He indicated that this development was a critical position in public health leadership in Africa.”
She stated that the appointment would raise Zambia’s profile in public health programs.
“He added that this will also positively impact the country as it will raise the profile of Zambia’s public health programs. Dr Chitalu noted that the appointment of Zambia to the position of vice chair will enable the country contribute further to the strengthening of public health systems in Africa, as Zambia has advanced in setting up public health institution including hosting of the regional collaborative center for the Africa CDC, Southern region,” stated Nyawali.
“He said the Second Meeting of the Governing Board of Directors of the CDC has adopted a Five Year Strategic plan which will address public health challenges on African economies. He disclosed that the strategic plan will focus on five fundamental pillars that will include surveillance and disease intelligence as well as preparedness and response. Other areas he said the strategic plan will focus on are laboratory systems and networks, information systems and, public health and institutes.”Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend