- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Police charge inmates with murder of ZAF officerBy Mukosha Funga on 25 Mar 2017
Police have charged four inmates with Sergeant Nchimunya Chongwa’s murder.
In a statement today, assistant police spokesperson Nephas Chifuta stated that police had concluded investigations.
“The Zambia police has concluded investigations in the murder case of Flight Seargent Mark Nchimunya Chongwa, a Zambia Air Force (ZAF) soldier of Twin Palm Camp and based at ZAF Headquarters Longacres, Lusaka, who is alleged to have been beaten to death whilst in police custody at Woodlands Police Station on 17th March 2017, in Lusaka. Four inmates alleged to have picked up a quarrel with the deceased whilst in custody have since been arrested and charged with the murder of the deceased soldier,” Chifuta stated.
“The said four inmates are; Joseph Phiri aged 32 of Chalala area in Lusakawho was facing a charge of theft, Kaonga Andrew aged 31, a Police Sergent of Kamufinsa Mobile Unit charged for criminal trespass, Kalumba Felix aged 40 of house number C294 Mtendere Compund Lusaka charged for Motor Vehicle theft and Chanda Martin aged 24, of House number 45/11, Chilenje Lusaka facing a charge of assault occasioning actual bodly harm. The quartet will appear in court on Monday.”
Chifuta warned some media houses for disseminating ‘false information about the case’.
“The Zambia Police Service would therefore like to warn some media houses and individuals who have continuously been issuing unverified and alarming statements on this matter to stop forthwith in order to allow the due process of the law to take its course,” stated Chifuta.
Yesterday, Chifuta told News Diggers! in an exclusive interview that no police officer would be suspended during the investigations because they were innocent.
On Tuesday, the Ministries of Defence and Home Affairs instituted a joint investigation into the matter but they have not yet released a report.Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend