- by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Sep 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 17 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 1 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Recognise Lungu, Andyford advises UPNDBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Apr 2017
No matter how much we disagree with an individual, we must respect the institution of the Office of the President, says People’s Alliance for Change leader Andyford Banda.
Banda condemned UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema and his entourage for failing to allow President Edgar Lungu’s motorcade to pass in Mongu on Sunday, describing the incident as disrespectful.
“We strongly believe this is not right. It is disrespectful not only to the institution of the presidency, but disrespectful to the values of what holds us together as a nation. No matter how much we disagree with an individual, we must respect the institution of the office of the President,” Banda posted on his Facebook page last evening.
He said it was important for all political players to recognize the Presidency until the courts ruled otherwise.
“It’s important for all players to recognise the Presidency until the courts determine otherwise. We believe that the continued refusal to acknowledge the Head of State and behave like there is no President is a recipe for anarchy. Imagine if the security team decided to react by applying force,” said Banda.
“Let’s be realistic and objective here. This is creating a bad precedent where it seems like it’s at anybody’s whim to recognise or not to recognise the Presidency.”
In this video report by Prime TV’s Kalani Muchima, police are seen attempting to sweep HH’s vehicles to pave way for President Lungu’s motorcade.
When attempts fail, President Lungu’s motorcade overtakes to avoid causing a scene.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- $42m for fire tenders also alarmed me until technocrats explained – Mwale - 20 Sep 2017
- Minister to explain controversial fire tenders in Parliament - 19 Sep 2017
- Only 4 constituencies in N/Western have received CDF since 2015 – Kambita - 19 Sep 2017
- Lusaka-Ndola Rd to raise K1.3bn in 17 years – Minister - 18 Sep 2017
- UPND showed desirable maturity in Parliament – Ndoyi - 17 Sep 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend