- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Recognise Lungu, Andyford advises UPNDBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Apr 2017
No matter how much we disagree with an individual, we must respect the institution of the Office of the President, says People’s Alliance for Change leader Andyford Banda.
Banda condemned UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema and his entourage for failing to allow President Edgar Lungu’s motorcade to pass in Mongu on Sunday, describing the incident as disrespectful.
“We strongly believe this is not right. It is disrespectful not only to the institution of the presidency, but disrespectful to the values of what holds us together as a nation. No matter how much we disagree with an individual, we must respect the institution of the office of the President,” Banda posted on his Facebook page last evening.
He said it was important for all political players to recognize the Presidency until the courts ruled otherwise.
“It’s important for all players to recognise the Presidency until the courts determine otherwise. We believe that the continued refusal to acknowledge the Head of State and behave like there is no President is a recipe for anarchy. Imagine if the security team decided to react by applying force,” said Banda.
“Let’s be realistic and objective here. This is creating a bad precedent where it seems like it’s at anybody’s whim to recognise or not to recognise the Presidency.”
In this video report by Prime TV’s Kalani Muchima, police are seen attempting to sweep HH’s vehicles to pave way for President Lungu’s motorcade.
When attempts fail, President Lungu’s motorcade overtakes to avoid causing a scene.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- My ministry used part of its budget to buy office building – Chitotela - 22 Nov 2017
- National Parks department explains implications of suspending hunting permits - 22 Nov 2017
- Lungu appoints Kampamba, Chiliufya to replace Kambwili, Musenge as MCCs - 21 Nov 2017
- Summon Zesco so that we can be grilled together, Energy PS asks Public Accounts Committee - 21 Nov 2017
- NGOCC condemns cop for taking nude images of female detainees - 21 Nov 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend