- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
Recognise Lungu, Andyford advises UPNDBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Apr 2017
No matter how much we disagree with an individual, we must respect the institution of the Office of the President, says People’s Alliance for Change leader Andyford Banda.
Banda condemned UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema and his entourage for failing to allow President Edgar Lungu’s motorcade to pass in Mongu on Sunday, describing the incident as disrespectful.
“We strongly believe this is not right. It is disrespectful not only to the institution of the presidency, but disrespectful to the values of what holds us together as a nation. No matter how much we disagree with an individual, we must respect the institution of the office of the President,” Banda posted on his Facebook page last evening.
He said it was important for all political players to recognize the Presidency until the courts ruled otherwise.
“It’s important for all players to recognise the Presidency until the courts determine otherwise. We believe that the continued refusal to acknowledge the Head of State and behave like there is no President is a recipe for anarchy. Imagine if the security team decided to react by applying force,” said Banda.
“Let’s be realistic and objective here. This is creating a bad precedent where it seems like it’s at anybody’s whim to recognise or not to recognise the Presidency.”
In this video report by Prime TV’s Kalani Muchima, police are seen attempting to sweep HH’s vehicles to pave way for President Lungu’s motorcade.
When attempts fail, President Lungu’s motorcade overtakes to avoid causing a scene.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- There’s now peace in PF after we expelled Kambwili and Musenge, says Davies Mwila - 26 Jul 2017
- Questioning Lungu makes you his enemy – Musenge - 26 Jul 2017
- There are too many corrupt deals in govt: Let’s listen to Kambwili’s exposés – Mulongoti - 26 Jul 2017
- It’s difficult to understand PF’s intolerance of LAZ – Andyford - 26 Jul 2017
- Kambwili will soon rot – PF - 25 Jul 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend