- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Oct 2017by Linda Jere on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017by Osward Sichone in Kafue on 21 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
PF celebrates Masaiti victory, salute UPND’s peaceful campaignBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Apr 2017
Patriotic Front Secretary General Davies Mwila says the Party’s victory in the Nchelenge ward and Masaiti district local government chairperson by-elections respectively showed that the ruling party was still formidable and popular on the ground.
And PF deputy spokesperson Frank Bwalya has saluted the peaceful campaigns carried by the opposition UPND.
In a statement after the PF scooped the local government seats, Mwila said the ruling party was expanding it’s support base.
“Our party’s political strategy has continued to bring political dividends as evidenced by the massive support we have continued to receive before, during and after elections,” Mwila said.
Mwila also congratulated all the Party functionaries and members for dedicating their time and resources to ensure the party emerged victorious in areas where the by-elections were being held.
“On behalf of the Party President His Excellency Mr. Edgar Chagwa Lungu, let me pay special tribute to all members of Central Committee, Cabinet Ministers, Provincial Ministers, Members of Parliament, Mayors and all the campaign teams and indeed the party at large for getting us the victory. Let me note that this is the unity of purpose and discipline that the party deserves from all of us. We can do more when we are united,” Mwila said.
The PF Secretary general urged his party structures to get back to work and mobilize the party as well as explain the 2021 election manifesto and the development works which were being rolled out by the government.”
Mwila also congratulated the newly-elected PF Kasamba Ward Councilor Aaron Tende and Masaiti council chairperson Christine Chande.
“To the elected officials, there is no time for honeymoon. Roll back your sleeves and start to work. The electorate in Masaiti and Nchelenge aspire to be part of PF’s developmental agenda,” added Mwila.
Chande of the ruling Patriotic Front scooped the Masaiti council chairperson seat after polling 7,777 votes whilst her closest rival from UPND got 5222 votes.
The district chairperson by-elections were necessitated by the resignation of UPND council chairperson Edward Musamba
The PF in Kasamba ward of Nchelenge district polled 1,057 votes against the UPND’s 646 votes.
And Bwalya said: “We worked hard. Credit accrues to all of us. The Party under the leadership of HE ECL provided necessary logistical and financial support. Joy therefore should be on the lips of all of us. We should congratulate UPND for peaceful campaigns and for giving us a good run hence making multiparty politics a reality.”
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- We need to reduce our appetite for borrowing – Mutati - 21 Oct 2017
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi’s jersey at Day of Prayer - 19 Oct 2017
- Pastors pray for Lungu: “The President shouldn’t die” - 18 Oct 2017
- Opposition shuns National Day of Prayer - 18 Oct 2017
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu - 18 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- We are not a university for the poor - UNZA
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi's jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend