- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
RTSA to take action against Kapena Bus ServicesBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 May 2017
The Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) says it will take appropriate action against Kapena Bus Services for defying the provisions of the Statutory Instrument (SI) No 76 which restricts the movement of Public Service Vehicles (PSV) at night.
In a statement today, RTSA Head of Public Relations Frederick Mubanga said in its preliminary investigations, the agency established that the operator (Kapena Bus Services) had on several instances been warned and impounded for violating the law.
“The Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) has recorded a Road Traffic Accident in which 17 people have died in Luangwa. According to preliminary investigation conducted by the RTSA, the accident involving a Kapena Bus Services Registration Number ABP 6303 which was heading to Chipata, Eastern Province failed to negotiate a curve and lost control,” Mubanga said.
“It has been established that the driver and the operator defied the provisions of the Statutory Instrument (SI) No. 76 which restricts the movement of Public Service Vehicles (PSV) at night. It has further been established that Kapena Bus Services has on several occasions been operating outside the provisions of the SI No. 76 and the Agency has on several instances warned and impounded the operator for violating the law.”
Mubanga however called on the traveling public to report any violators of the law to avoid road accidents.
“The Agency will take appropriate action concerning the operator who is supposed to ensure that the buses or fleet team operate within the provisions of the law. The RTSA is further calling upon the traveling public to report such violations to avoid road traffic accidents and should refuse to be commuted outside the approved driving hours under the law,” said Mubanga.
This was after a road traffic accident involving Kapena Bus Services which claimed 17 lives and injured 48 others in Luangwa.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Cattle disease breaks out in Sinazongwe - 17 Aug 2017
- PF donates K60,000 towards rebuilding City Market - 17 Aug 2017
- HH’s release not a result of international pressure – Kampamba - 17 Aug 2017
- HH release in public interest – Scotland - 16 Aug 2017
- Revisit policy on compulsory HIV testing, HRC urges govt - 16 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend