- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Riots rock Kabwe over heavy police presenceBy Mukosha Funga on 12 Jun 2017
Bus and Taxi drivers in Kabwe are protesting heavy police presence in the province after a minibus which was being pursued by traffic police officers overturned, injuring many on Saturday.
According to preliminary reports, four accident victims died in hospital forcing the drivers to mobilize themselves and protest against heavy police presence in the town following the transfer of UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema to Mukobeko Maximum Prison.
All bus stations are currently closed in Kabwe, leaving commuters stranded as bus drivers demand for less police presence saying they are unable to operate freely.
Central Province Police Commissioner Lombe Kamukoshi referred all queries to the provincial minister Sydney Mushanga.
“I know why you are calling. Kindly call the Provincial Minister,” said Kamukoshi.
But all efforts to reach Mushanga, who is also Bwacha PF member of parliament were unsuccessful as his phone went unanswered.
Kabwe residents are alerting their friends and relatives to stay indoors to avoid getting chocked by tear gas.
More details later.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Top Chingola cops implicated in gassing incidences - 19 Feb 2020
- Wina is lying, Zambia suffering because of theft in govt, not because of by-elections – Sangwa - 17 Feb 2020
- Legana factory is extremely clean, testifies Nawakwi - 12 Feb 2020
- Refusal to surrender power is treason – Musa - 12 Feb 2020
- Confusion rocks UNZA as management cuts ties with UNZALARU - 11 Feb 2020
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus (7,514 views)
- An opposition party is causing confusion in the country - Kampyongo (6,217 views)
- Lungu ill advised, no wonder Kingsland injunction has embarrassed him – Harrington (5,889 views)
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG (3,183 views)
- Disband Religion Ministry, Sumaili's actions border on lawlessness (3,171 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- God hates such useless prayers!
- We hope ACC has done its homework on Chilufya – TIZ
- IMF won’t bailout Zambia – Hamududu
- Govt still owes agro dealers K781m, Katambo tells Parley
- Close schools if govt can’t guarantee children’s safety, insists NAQEZ
- Opposition using people to bring confusion – Kampyongo
- Lusambo’s $100,000 loan offer to Kabushi teachers an insult, says UPND aspirant
- I love dealing with animals because they don’t talk – Luo
- Lungu ill advised, no wonder Kingsland injunction has embarrassed him – Harrington
- CTPD calls for practical measures for economic recovery
- An opposition party is causing confusion in the country – Kampyongo
- Stop social media abuse – Kafwaya
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend