- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Riots rock Kabwe over heavy police presenceBy Mukosha Funga on 12 Jun 2017
Bus and Taxi drivers in Kabwe are protesting heavy police presence in the province after a minibus which was being pursued by traffic police officers overturned, injuring many on Saturday.
According to preliminary reports, four accident victims died in hospital forcing the drivers to mobilize themselves and protest against heavy police presence in the town following the transfer of UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema to Mukobeko Maximum Prison.
All bus stations are currently closed in Kabwe, leaving commuters stranded as bus drivers demand for less police presence saying they are unable to operate freely.
Central Province Police Commissioner Lombe Kamukoshi referred all queries to the provincial minister Sydney Mushanga.
“I know why you are calling. Kindly call the Provincial Minister,” said Kamukoshi.
But all efforts to reach Mushanga, who is also Bwacha PF member of parliament were unsuccessful as his phone went unanswered.
Kabwe residents are alerting their friends and relatives to stay indoors to avoid getting chocked by tear gas.
More details later.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- DPP enters nolle in IG case against Tayali - 18 Aug 2017
- ZANASU drags Luo to court over threats to ban students unions - 17 Aug 2017
- Minister explains mandatory HIV testing policy - 17 Aug 2017
- HH’s release first step towards restoring democracy in Zambia – Maimane - 17 Aug 2017
- Freeing HH proves Judiciary is independent – PF - 16 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend