- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
UNZASU backs management: Students must payBy Thomas Mulenga on 29 Jul 2017
In this audio, University of Zambia Students’ Union president Adrian Matole says over 850 students who have been barred from writing exams next month over fees have no choice but to pay.
According to a an internal memo posted on several notice boards at Zambia’s highest learning institution along with the complete list of affected students, lecturers have also been instructed not to allow them to attend classes.
“The Following students will not be allowed be allowed to attend classes or access any university services due to non-payment of student fees. Lecturers have been instructed not to mark assignments and tests for these students. In addition, they will not be allowed to write final examinations starting in August 2017. Ensure to settle your balances to avoid inconveniences,” read the memo which was circulated by Vice Chancellor Professor Luke Mumba.
But in an interview with News Diggers! yesterday, Matole said there was nothing UNZASU could do to overturn managements decision because it was within the confines of the law.
“In the payment plan it has been there, it is not a new thing. Going by law, people must first finish paying even before writing exams, it is not new. My comment is that people should make payments, they should continue making further payments,” said Matole.
Take a listen:
About Thomas Mulenga
Thomas Mulenga is a third year Media Studies student at the University of Zambia. He is also a presenter for UNZA Radio's Lusaka Star programme which focuses on politics and current affairs.
- UNZA students celebrate HH’s release - 17 Aug 2017
- PF won’t be happy if students are barred from writing exams – Bwalya - 11 Aug 2017
- Students dump garbage in UNZASU president’s room - 9 Aug 2017
- UNZASU backs management: Students must pay - 29 Jul 2017
- Prime TV journalist out on bond - 23 Jul 2017
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend