- by Joseph Mwenya in Kabwe on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Dec 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 7 Dec 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 7 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 5 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Reporter on 4 Dec 2017by Laura Miti on 24 Nov 2017by The Washington Post on 16 Nov 2017by Times of Zambia employees on 15 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenya on 28 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Miles resurfaces with praise for LunguBy Mukosha Funga on 31 Jul 2017
Miles Sampa says President Edgar Lungu is a loving forgiving man who is Head of State because of because of his historic loyalty, patience and discipline.
And Sampa has advised Chishimba Kambwili and Mwenya Musenge to be remorseful and seek reconciliation with the Patriotic Front and President Lungu to avoid the mistakes he made.
In a statement today, Sampa, who is former UDF president, said President Lungu is a democrat and not a dictator.
“Have had a few queries or distortions lately on my political standing and wish to clarify and make my position firmed. I am PF now but serving a 3 years suspension. This means I am collectively supportive of all decisions made by the Party and by the President. At the moment I am busy with personal errands and school as I seek my PHD (opted for non honorary). My first central committe meeting under President Lungu as chairman took over 8 hours as he allowed everyone to talk and express their opinion before taking a consesus position on a matter. My immediate impression then and still now is that he is a democrat and not a dictator. His decisions are a summation of the majority in a group of authority,” Sampa stated.
“As for me and anyone that so believed or still believes in me, let’s build loyalty towards PF and President Edgar Changwa Lungu now and for however many years to come. I have also come to learn from experience that President Lungu is a loving, forgiving man and is the President of PF and Zambia because of his historic loyalty, patience and discipline.”
And Sampa advised Kambwili and Musenge to be remorseful.
“My take on the unfortunate subject of my brothers Hon Chishimba Kambwili and Hon Mwenya Musenge is that they should pause, take time and reflect. As history may have it, the two were about the most vicious advising me a few years ago to remain in PF after I had made some emotional and irrational decisions against the Party. Armed with their counseling then, I genuinely wish to reciprocate and give them similar advice. I submit to them that they be remorseful, meek and seek reconciliation with PF and President Edgar Chagwa Lungu,” he stated.
“Chances are that they too may be given a 3 years leave of absence in which there is much to learn from once in isolation. The alternative routes they may wish to embark on are hardly ideal and not worth venturing into. I speak from experience and as they say ‘ukushusha ilungu; kwendamo’ elo ‘ukwali insoke takwafwile bantu’.”
Sampa said in politics, everyone was equal regardless of who joined the party first.
“I have also come to learn that in politics, there is no accounting terms such FIFO (First In First Out) or LIFO (Last In, First Out) and LILO (Last In Last Out). It’s the best player of the moment according to the coach that makes the team but that does not mean those on the bench or those substituted cannot play on another day,” stated Sampa.
“As CK has loudly proclaimed, ‘loyalty defines a man’, I have come to learn further that ‘ patience defines a man’ as well. Your loyalty and patience should be with PF and President Lungu both in your good or rough times. In short, politics at whatever level is therefore all about loyalty, patience and discipline.”
Sampa, who is also a former Matero PF member of parliament, resigned from his position as Commerce deputy minister in October 2015 and from the ruling party in January, 2016 saying the current PF’s conduct reminded him of the MMD of 2011 that instilled fear in the general public.
He then went on to form the Democratic Front party which got entangled in ownership wrangles, eventually forcing him to change its name to United Democratic Front.
Sampa entered into an alliance with Elias Chipimo of NAREP and Eric Chanda of the 4th Revolution which was dubbed the Orange Alliance which quickly fell apart as he opted to throw his weight behind UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema.
However, after results were announced and it was clear President Lungu had been re-elected, Sampa ditched the UPND, his own party and begged to rejoin the ruling party.
But PF Secretary General Davies Mwila said the party was not excited to accept people like Sampa back to the party, putting him on a three-year hold before he can apply for membership.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- It’s unwise to demand evidence from whistleblowers – TIZ - 10 Dec 2017
- Video exposes police beating CBU students - 10 Dec 2017
- Lungu must tell us how much he has made in travel allowances this year – PeP - 10 Dec 2017
- I can’t fire Amos because ACC found him clean of corruption – Lungu - 9 Dec 2017
- Ministers can’t be corrupt because they don’t handle cash – Luo - 9 Dec 2017
You may also like...
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend