by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 18 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 18 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Douty Chibamba on 19 Oct 2019by Felicity Kayumba Kalunga on 18 Oct 2019by Patricia Scotland, Commonwealth Secretary-General on 17 Oct 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Oct 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Kasempa police impound 4 Mukula trucksBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 30 Aug 2017
Police in Kasempa district of North Western Province have impounded four trucks loaded with Mukuka logs following a joint operation.
Meanwhile Chief Munyambala of Mufumbwe district has claimed ownership of the Mukula logs in the three trucks saying he had engaged the purported owner Mwamba Isa to sell on his behalf so as to raise money for the upcoming ceremony.
North Western province police Commissioner Auxensio Daka in a statement said the trucks which were headed for Lusaka from Mufumbwe, were intercepted in Kasempa around 03:00 hours.
He added that police have arrested and detained 16 people in connection with the transportation of Mukula.
“The intercepted trucks are a Freightliner Registration number AJD 9465 ZM trailer Registration number ND668-438T carrying 130 logs driven by Ephraim Phiri aged 28 of Matero House number 2920 in Lusaka. The owner of the logs, Adrian Tembo is also in custody. Another truck was a Volvo Registration number AJD 9001 trailer Registration number AJC 8074T, carrying 130 logs driven by Siphelani Hamonga aged 32 of Naluwama Mazabuka District. Freightliner truck Reg number AJD 8501 trailer Reg number AJD 8503T Carrying 140 logs driven by Oscar Chibamulilo aged 45 of Chibolya compound House number 46 Lusaka. Freightliner Reg number ALD 7934 trailer Reg number AJD 4743T Carrying 140 logs driven by Boyd Tayali OYD whose aged is unknown of Kapiri Mposhi but he escaped after parking the vehicle,” Daka said.
Daka said that the owner Mwamba Isa is also in custody.
“The owner of the logs Mwamba Isa is also in custody while Chief Munyambala of Mufumbwe District is claiming ownership of the logs in the three trucks saying he had engaged Mwamba Isa to sell on his behalf to raise money for the ceremony.There is also a Chinese national male Feng Lei in custody who happens to be the buyer of the said logs in three trucks. There are also lorry boys, helpers and others in custody taking the number to 16.They have no documents and there is a ban on production and conveyance of Mukula tree,” said Daka.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- UPND enjoys ‘punching holes on Lungu’, naya kumbuyo- Chalikosa - 17 Oct 2019
- It’s worthless to raise corrupt hands in prayer for prosperity without repentance – Musa - 17 Oct 2019
- You’re being dared, pull up your socks, Kampyongo tells law enforcement agencies - 17 Oct 2019
- Namugala curtails homosexuality debates - 17 Oct 2019
- 51 houses symptomatic of deeper problem – TIZ - 17 Oct 2019
- Police should not wear masks (2,799 views)
- Phiri explains heavy police presence in Lusaka's CBD (2,459 views)
- Benny Zulu led us to the crime scene for reconstruction, Cop tells court (1,754 view)
- Namugala curtails homosexuality debates (1,567 view)
- You're being dared, pull up your socks, Kampyongo tells law enforcement agencies (1,051 view)
- Load shedding: The underlying causes that we are overlooking
- Tough decisions will be made despite close 2021 polls – Lungu
- The Proposed 2019 Constitution Amendment Bill: A Threat to Zambia’s Democracy?
- Police should not wear masks
- SA’s renewed load shedding puts Zesco power import deal at risk – Eskom
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend