by Julia Malunga on 16 Oct 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 16 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 16 Oct 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Oct 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Govt releases K10m for rehabilitation of National Assembly MotelBy Mukosha Funga on 17 Sep 2017
Government has released K10 million for the rehabilitation of National Assembly Motel.
According to a statement posted on the Ministry of Finance website, Minister of Finance assured Speaker of the National Assembly Dr Patrick Matibini when the duo toured the motel on Thursday that members of parliament would get conducive lodging facilities.
“K10 million has been financed by the government to facilitate the PARTIAL rehabilitation and replacement of aging infrastructure, fixtures, and fittings at the National Assembly Motel in Lusaka. This came to light when the Minister of Finance Felix Mutati briefed the Speaker of the National Assembly Dr Patrick Matibini on the measures taken by the Treasury to ensure that Members of Parliament who do not have residencies in Lusaka had conducive lodging facilities during their stay in the Capital City when on Parliamentary and other related business,” read the statement.
“Dr Matibini and Mr Mutati conducted a joint inspection of the facilities last Thursday; the day before the official opening of the second session of twelfth National Assembly by President Edgar Chagwa Lungu. An initial joint inspection of the facilities by the Speaker and the Minister was conducted in June, 2017. Speaking after the tour of the motel last Thursday, Dr Matibini noted the tremendous progress made in rehabilitating the facilities ‘over a short period of time’, and added that, ‘time has come to relook at the situation and begin fashioning long-term improvements with the ultimate goal of rebuilding’.”
Mutati said the release of K10 million for the rehabilitation project at Parliament Motel was in line with government’s policy and President Edgar Lungu’s vision to ensure the provision of a conducive working environment for the discharge of public services.
Parliament Motel was commissioned in 1967 but has undergone negligible maintenance over the decades resulting in inadequacy and deterioration of boarding and lodging facilities such as rooms, the kitchen, and the dinning.
The Speaker was accompanied on the tour of Parliament Motel by Acting Clerk of the National Assembly, Cecilia Mbewe, while Mutati was accompanied by Accountant General Dr Dick Sichembe.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- TIZ raises red flag against Govt, AVIC on Kafulafuta, Sata Toll Plazas - 8 Oct 2019
- Govt single-sourced AVIC…to construct the $4.3m Toll Plaza which broke down months later - 7 Oct 2019
- Kaoma police nab UPND cadre in shooting incident - 6 Oct 2019
- DEC withdraws summon on Findlay - 3 Oct 2019
- Several soldiers injured during military exhibition in Mbala - 30 Sep 2019
- Murder trial for Benny Zulu starts (4,078 views)
- 2 burn to death in Luanshya road accident (3,415 views)
- AVIC, RDA toll plaza deal was a rip off, evidence is coming (2,341 views)
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba's legitimacy in court (2,231 views)
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,042 views)
- I’m Lungu’s strongman, that’s why enemies target me with corruption tag – Chitotela
- 2 burn to death in Luanshya road accident
- We’re ready to meet UPND in court over its gay rights agenda – Sunday
- Lungu’s failure to protect Sesheke cops worsening violence – Andyford
- Former ministers must do the right thing, pay back – Sumaili
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Murder trial for Benny Zulu starts
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend