- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Govt releases K10m for rehabilitation of National Assembly MotelBy Mukosha Funga on 17 Sep 2017
Government has released K10 million for the rehabilitation of National Assembly Motel.
According to a statement posted on the Ministry of Finance website, Minister of Finance assured Speaker of the National Assembly Dr Patrick Matibini when the duo toured the motel on Thursday that members of parliament would get conducive lodging facilities.
“K10 million has been financed by the government to facilitate the PARTIAL rehabilitation and replacement of aging infrastructure, fixtures, and fittings at the National Assembly Motel in Lusaka. This came to light when the Minister of Finance Felix Mutati briefed the Speaker of the National Assembly Dr Patrick Matibini on the measures taken by the Treasury to ensure that Members of Parliament who do not have residencies in Lusaka had conducive lodging facilities during their stay in the Capital City when on Parliamentary and other related business,” read the statement.
“Dr Matibini and Mr Mutati conducted a joint inspection of the facilities last Thursday; the day before the official opening of the second session of twelfth National Assembly by President Edgar Chagwa Lungu. An initial joint inspection of the facilities by the Speaker and the Minister was conducted in June, 2017. Speaking after the tour of the motel last Thursday, Dr Matibini noted the tremendous progress made in rehabilitating the facilities ‘over a short period of time’, and added that, ‘time has come to relook at the situation and begin fashioning long-term improvements with the ultimate goal of rebuilding’.”
Mutati said the release of K10 million for the rehabilitation project at Parliament Motel was in line with government’s policy and President Edgar Lungu’s vision to ensure the provision of a conducive working environment for the discharge of public services.
Parliament Motel was commissioned in 1967 but has undergone negligible maintenance over the decades resulting in inadequacy and deterioration of boarding and lodging facilities such as rooms, the kitchen, and the dinning.
The Speaker was accompanied on the tour of Parliament Motel by Acting Clerk of the National Assembly, Cecilia Mbewe, while Mutati was accompanied by Accountant General Dr Dick Sichembe.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson - 20 Nov 2017
- Quarry flying stone kills nearby juvenile - 20 Nov 2017
- Zim crisis may affect revenue collection – ZRA - 18 Nov 2017
- Debt standoff with LAP Green will cost Zambia – FDD - 18 Nov 2017
- Rising middle class in Africa will boost tourism – Lungu - 18 Nov 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend