by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
One dies, 3 injured in accident involving Mambilima’s convoyBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 7 Nov 2017
One person has died while three others have sustained minor injuries in a road traffic accident which involved Chief Justice Ireen Mambilima’s convoy.
Police Spokesperson Esther Katongo confirmed this in a statement today but clarified that Chief Justice Mambilima was not affected as the vehicle she was in was not involved in the accident which occurred about eight kilometers north of Prospect Police Station at Ulemu Trading area in Central Province.
Katongo stated that the accident happened when the driver of the Toyota Land Cruiser registration number BAC 3189 which was also part of Justice Mambilima’s mini convoy misjudged clearance distance and hit into a Toyota Ragius which was going in the same direction before hitting into a cyclist.
She identified the driver of the Toyota Land Cruiser as Mbita Richard aged 31 years of Chelston in Lusaka while the driver of the Toyota Ragius registration has been identified as Gerald Moonga aged 48 year of Monze Site and Service.
Others involved were a cyclist identified as Esther Sakala aged 19 year of village Shakumbila in Chief Chipepo who died this morning after being admitted at Kabwe General Hospital, and a female policy officer identified as Majory Mufaya who was a passenger on the Land cruiser.
“Involved in the accident was Mbita Richard aged 31 years of Chelston in Lusaka who was driving a Toyota Land Cruiser registration number BAC 3189 from south to north which was a back up vehicle on the mini convoy of the Chief Justice and also involved was Gerald Moonga aged 48years of Site and Service in Monze who was driving a Toyota Ragius registration number AMB 45 driving from south to north,” stated Katongo.
“The accident happened when the driver of the Toyota Land cruiser misjudged clearance distance hence went and hit into the Toyota Ragius which was going in the same direction and further went and hit into a cyclist identified as Esther Sakala aged 19 years of village Shakumbila ,Chief Chipepo who was off the road and she sustained fractured ribs. Also injured was a Police officer identified as Majory Mufaya, a passenger on the Land cruiser who sustained cuts on the left hand. The cyclist who was rushed to Kabwe General Hospital died this morning while the other injured is admitted to Kabwe General Hospital.”
And Katongo clarified that the vehicle in which the Chief Justice was was not involved in the accident.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi - 20 Sep 2019
- We’re poorly funded to fight all corruption – ACC - 19 Sep 2019
- Zambia plans maize exports to DRC - 19 Sep 2019
- Zambeef driver commits suicide - 19 Sep 2019
- 2020 budget should clear K1.2 billion owed to medical suppliers, demands PSZ - 18 Sep 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (12,890 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (2,068 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (2,062 views)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,504 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (1,038 view)
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend