by Abraham Kalito on 22 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 22 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018
by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
9-month pregnant mother dies in bar fightBy Mukosha Funga on 13 Nov 2017
Police in Central Province have arrested two women for murdering their nine months pregnant colleague after a scuffle at a bar.
Meanwhile, police in Nyimba District of Eastern Province have arrested an 18-year-old man for murdering his 56-year-old uncle over a family garden.
This is contained in a statement issued by police spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo.
Katongo stated that the pregnant woman sustained cuts from a broken bottle.
“Police in Central Province have arrested two female adults in connection with the murder of a 21 years old female adult who was nine (09) months pregnant identified as Agnes Daka of Chief Kalindawalo, Petauke District also of Chisamba District. This occurred in Central Province on 11th November, 2017 around 19:45 hours at 22 Miles along Lusaka road in Chisamba District. The report was received from Mulenga Bwalya aged 23 of 22 Miles who reported that his wife Agnes Daka who was nine (09) months pregnant was allegedly murdered by Catherine Chisenga aged 25 of Chief Muchinka, Serenje District also of Katondo Compound in Kabwe and Female Tangu Mwanza aged 28 of Chief Mbangombe, Chipata District also of Katondo Compound in Kabwe District,” Katongo stated.
“The information received is that the deceased who was in a company of one other person had sat opposite the accused persons at one of the local drinking places and that a scuffle started when one of the accused persons offered a beer to the deceased. The deceased sustained a deep cut on her right hand and forehead as a broken bottle is alleged to have been used in the act and she died whilst being attended to at Twalumba Clinic. The accused persons are detained in police custody while the body of the deceased is lying in Chisamba Rural Health center mortuary.”
And Katongo stated that police had also arrested Stephen Daka for murdering his uncle.
“Meanwhile, Police in Nyimba District of Eastern Province have arrested a male adult of Menyani Village, Chief Ndake of Nyimba District identified as Stephen Daka aged 18 years for allegedly murdering his 56 years old uncle identified Jolofani Mumba of the same address over a family vegetable garden. This occurred on 11th November, 2017 around 23:35 hours at Fumba Garden, Chief Ndake, Nyimba District of Eastern Province. The suspect hit the victim with an axe handle and he sustained a swollen head. The accused person is detained in police custody while the body of the deceased is in Nyimba District Hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem,” stated Katongo.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha Funga is a Zambian journalist interested in good governance and anti corruption reporting.
- Increase tax on beer instead of making people pay borehole tax – Mwashingwele - 22 Mar 2018
- Namugala tells Kapata not to blame social media for govt-caused misinformation - 22 Mar 2018
- Minister explains UTH power outage - 22 Mar 2018
- CBU lecturers abusing justice process – CSER - 21 Mar 2018
- Lusambo takes walk of shame, vows to die for Lungu - 21 Mar 2018
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- Police release Kambwili, order him to report at Woodlands station tomorrow
- Judge Musona finally views 'missing' Munali violence video
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu's trips
- Our ethics demand that we respect Mr Chanda’s reaction
- HPCZ drags Lafarge to court for operating illegal clinic, dispensing expired drugs
- Speaker orders Kambwili to apologise for ‘maligning’ Kampyongo, Grandview
- Investigative journalism key to development – Foote
- Increase tax on beer instead of making people pay borehole tax – Mwashingwele
- UZi will enhance competition, lower cost of mobile services – CCPC
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend